MZ 250 - One for Mickey

TS - 4 speed. Side access spark plug. Petroil lube. No rev counter. Small diameter front wheel. Drum front brake.

Half way house was the Supa5 (in UK, still TS in E Germany) As above but 5 speed and rev counter as in the video. Larger front wheel. Central spark plug in flat top cylinder head.

ETZ- As S5 plus disc front brake (Care required!)., Metered oiling. Slab sided tank.

Sent from MZ fan world!
Thank you Peter, well explained and easy to follow. Anybody would think you were a teacher .
As an aside, are you hosting a WW1 tour next year?

Ahhhh, a two stroke at last - not QUITE what I had in mind but I do like MZs. Such practical, simple, well made things.

Does 'Attracts a certain kind of owner' = Cheapskates???...:D

Another great video, the ring-a ding sound track took me back a bit. I keep promising myself one last two stroke.

Enjoyed that...:thumb2

All the interesting twostrokes are safely wrapped up this time of year - but we are negotiating a KH500, GT750 and a lovely Mars Bar 350LC

Good one Mike :thumb2

Mine when my father had it ... in the Eifels of Germany ...

i-hJm2XCT-L.jpg

Monschau ...

i-4qSGQJr-L.jpg

When my son Martyn had it ...

i-7vSWDHZ-L.jpg

This was a handy mod ...

i-Wqnb6Z8-L.jpg

.... and back to me she comes ...

i-bvqQk4f-L.jpg

Great bikes :thumby:

:beerjug:

Great pics Micky thanks for posting, the reason we have this channel is because of just this sort of thing, memories past and future

TS - 4 speed. Side access spark plug. Petroil lube. No rev counter. Small diameter front wheel. Drum front brake.

Half way house was the Supa5 (in UK, still TS in E Germany) As above but 5 speed and rev counter as in the video. Larger front wheel. Central spark plug in flat top cylinder head.

ETZ- As S5 plus disc front brake (Care required!)., Metered oiling. Slab sided tank.

Sent from MZ fan world!

What was that really lovely 'enduro' version that Andres owned? That was a great looking thing, was that a generally available model or a factory special?

Andres' Bultaco was a Frontera, enduro model, the Sherpa was trials.
His MZ was a 150cc.

Just given mine a freshen up.

Attachments

• 260DC291-090A-49DF-A4D5-31D1BC6C20CB.jpg
    260DC291-090A-49DF-A4D5-31D1BC6C20CB.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 117
Carb' ???

It might be the angle of the pic' but your bike doesn't APPEAR to have that silver tube thing between the carb' and the barrel?

Micky...Wonderful story re your Dad and his bike.

I can't remember about the inlet. I remember trying the one step up pilot jet and drop the needle thing to try to get it to tick over. The real cure was a Mk2 Amal but the only folk who had figured out the correct jetting for those were Burwins and if I recall, they were asking what seemed like silly money at the time.

The other mods were relatively mundane. Vincent pattern straight bars, Kawasaki Z250 switch gear, posh Magura levers, a Cibié headlamp. Some time after the pic, I fitted gaiters to the shocks.

It was my all weather commuter. I remember once riding over the Forth Road Bridge when it was covered in snow and ice. That was interesting.

It sat in my garage neglected for years and I eventually sold it for £50 when we moved house 10 years ago.

Andres' Bultaco was a Frontera, enduro model, the Sherpa was trials.
His MZ was a 150cc.
It was and now owned by one of our number from Moray iirc? Fatbaldbob? It was a bitza but very nicely done. :thumb2

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom