Anyone familiar with Denali cansmart?

Riggie

Reaction score
My GS came with a Cansmart fitted. It runs an additional led running/brake light and a Denali Soundbomb, the one with the air compressor.

All has been well, but I noticed recently that sometimes the light wouldn't come on. I connected the EZ to my laptop and it did a firmware update.

If I do a diagnostic, it is showing an overload on the yellow circuit. This I believe is connected to the horn. I have checked the compressor with a 12v supply and it runs.

If I check the led light it also works.

Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

thanks
Andy.

My GS came with a Cansmart fitted. It runs an additional led running/brake light and a Denali Soundbomb, the one with the air compressor.

All has been well, but I noticed recently that sometimes the light wouldn't come on. I connected the EZ to my laptop and it did a firmware update.

If I do a diagnostic, it is showing an overload on the yellow circuit. This I believe is connected to the horn. I have checked the compressor with a 12v supply and it runs.

If I check the led light it also works.

Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

thanks
Andy.

Run the diagnostics and look and the volts and amps draw, i bet your pulling more than the relevant item has been set for

if its significantly more, there may be an issue with the soundbomb

Run the diagnostics and look and the volts and amps draw, i bet your pulling more than the relevant item has been set for

if its significantly more, there may be an issue with the soundbomb

Another thing I noticed is that there is no LED lit on the unit. I understand that when the ignition is on, the led should be a steady green and slow flashing green when off. When I connect the USB cable, I get a green light then, but not otherwise. I have messaged Denali and await a reply.

I know that the ezcan units had some bad early batches,

Climatic cycling would cause the PCB to flex, breaking circuits .

Mine was a later version , but still failed, - was swapped out under warranty

Failure mode was no LED's and not seen by software

Another thought, have you tried a reset. I had to reset mine, my spots started going to full beam when I pulled the front brake lever. It’s on the Denali site how to do it, but I remember I had to disconnect from the battery and then plug it into my Lappy

I know that the ezcan units had some bad early batches,

Climatic cycling would cause the PCB to flex, breaking circuits .

Mine was a later version , but still failed, - was swapped out under warranty

Failure mode was no LED's and not seen by software

That sounds ominous :-(

Mine was doing the same after 3 1/2 years. Unfortunately, new cansmart required. Fingers crossed you can reset yours.

The Denali horn wiring harness comes with ( I think) a 30 amp fuse. What is your setting for the yellow circuit? Could it be too low?

It is shown on the diagnostic screen as 20 Amp for the soundbomb. I suspect that the unit is duff, as the accessories work. It looks like it's just outside the warranty period (it would be) :)

Back
Top Bottom