Lake Garda mid to late may

Adventurefankk

Reaction score
Hi lads thinking of doing a trip next may no fixed date am fairly flexible as regards dates thinking of lake Garda via dolomites and back up through France . Nothing planned or set as regards places to stay or set routes it I’m 52 now and I think it’s time I got some real miles on the bike anyone interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good but not for me til I get a new hip! Sort of what we did this year

You may find May too early for some of the passes? Worth a thought. Come back up through the Black Forest rather than France. Be wary of trying to do too much and missing out on good stuff!

Hi lads thinking of doing a trip next may no fixed date am fairly flexible as regards dates thinking of lake Garda via dolomites and back up through France . Nothing planned or set as regards places to stay or set routes it I’m 52 now and I think it’s time I got some real miles on the bike anyone interested?

Might be interested in doing something , im probibly going over to France on the 18th for a 3 day rally and could carry on from there . I only want to do max 250/300 miles / day, but have pleanty of time on my hands.
PM me with your contach details and maybe have a chat

Regards Steve

I usually go to the Mugello MotoGP at the end of May and have encountered snow / sleet in the Dolomites at that time - it's a bit early for good weather up there.

Col d'Isere will be closed as the French don't plow the road until the second week of June.

All passes around Andermatt were closed this year so I had to ride over the Simplon pass in low cloud / fog.

I usually go to the Mugello MotoGP at the end of May and have encountered snow / sleet in the Dolomites at that time - it's a bit early for good weather up there.

Col d'Isere will be closed as the French don't plow the road until the second week of June.

All passes around Andermatt were closed this year so I had to ride over the Simplon pass in low cloud / fog.

Yep, those pesky French don’t want anyone using their high passes early in the year but the Swiss seem to at least try to keep them open or re-open them as soon as possible after they’ve been cleared for the first time each year. I’ve been down to Mugello and found both the Grimsel and Simplon passes open though they were a bit streaky as snow melted higher up, ran over the road and froze overnight and on another occasion I tried to use the same route in early June and both were shut.

If they’re shut then the easiest answer is to do what the trucks do and use a tunnel, there’s plenty of choice but they’re not cheap.

Yep, those pesky French don’t want anyone using their high passes early in the year but the Swiss seem to at least try to keep them open or re-open them as soon as possible after they’ve been cleared for the first time each year. I’ve been down to Mugello and found both the Grimsel and Simplon passes open though they were a bit streaky as snow melted higher up, ran over the road and froze overnight and on another occasion I tried to use the same route in early June and both were shut.

If they’re shut then the easiest answer is to do what the trucks do and use a tunnel, there’s plenty of choice but they’re not cheap.

Thanks for the info appreciate that

Might be interested in doing something , im probibly going over to France on the 18th for a 3 day rally and could carry on from there . I only want to do max 250/300 miles / day, but have pleanty of time on my hands.
PM me with your contach details and maybe have a chat

Regards Steve

Well Steve can’t seem to pvt subscription must be up 0863459336

Sounds good but not for me til I get a new hip! Sort of what we did this year

You may find May too early for some of the passes? Worth a thought. Come back up through the Black Forest rather than France. Be wary of trying to do too much and missing out on good stuff!

Hope you get the hip sorted snd a speedy recovery

I am going down that way in June, going to drop in at Guzzi factory on way down and see start of Millie Miglia head over to Garda and Dolomites and then Porsche garage before home

I am going down that way in June, going to drop in at Guzzi factory on way down and see start of Millie Miglia head over to Garda and Dolomites and then Porsche garage before home

Sounds more like four wheels, than two?

Just make sure of the Guzzi factory opening hours before you visit ! When we visited the 2.30 pm opening times were sort of 2.30pm (ish), as they must have been having an extra long lunch break

Mate and I off down that way around12 June for start of Millie Miglia, Guzzi factory tour down side of Como, Garda, Dolomites and up to Porsche for ferry back home, hoping to do around 250/300 miles per day

Sounds like a nice Trip
How many or you are there ?

Mate and I off down that way around12 June for start of Millie Miglia, Guzzi factory tour down side of Como, Garda, Dolomites and up to Porsche for ferry back home, hoping to do around 250/300 miles per day

sorry I see there are two of you

Back
Top Bottom