Blinking indicators - intermittent fast

sparkplug

Landlord
Mod Squad
Solutions
Reaction score
second from the left, third from the right
Over the last week or so I noticed that my RHS indicators would intermittently start flashing fast.

I assumed a blown bulb but they're all working fine.

Next assumption was a bad earth somewhere on the circuit that affects the right hand side only (a clue for me to follow up on)

However, I've now caught the LHS ones blinking too fast (only once)

Starting to think it could be a relay?

Somewhere in the dim and darkest recesses of my memory is that the Hall Effect sensors start to do odd electrical things when they're about to fail (seem to remember dials going off in a random way)

Not had a chance to look at any of it yet, but thought I'd ask the oracle before I get the spanners out tomorrow :thumb2

My last 1150 did the same , running standard indicators and bulbs , right side first and then the left started to do the same.

Checked all the earths , connections and even changed the bulbs with no luck, even changed the flasher relay and ran temporay earth wires to each indicator again with no joy .

Cured it when I fitted a new right hand switch gear (was fitting heated grips and needed to change it anyway).

I reckon that cleaning the internals of the original would have worked

My old 1150 would occasionally do this. It was the connection point at the bulb that needed bending to make a better contact with the bulb. Problem solved.

So, we have a new one for people to try....

Bolt was loose causing the alternator belt to slip so voltages were going a bit haywire.

Cold weather helped pin this down as it started squealing like a very squealy thing...

Back
Top Bottom