Anyone got a Skylift?

Hann

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I don`t suppose you have a pic of the adapters that fit into the swingarm pivot?

Does the metal-to-metal contact of having 265Kg of GSA hanging off two small point-contact areas damage the frame or swingarm fixings at all?

I don`t suppose you have a pic of the adapters that fit into the swingarm pivot?

Does the metal-to-metal contact of having 265Kg of GSA hanging off two small point-contact areas damage the frame or swingarm fixings at all?

I have a sky lift

I dont have a GS but the principle is the same for my Ducati

There is no problem at all with the metal on metal so no damage

They are genuinely brilliant things for faffing with the bike and take up less room than other options when not in use although my bike stays in mine over winter with the weight just taken up off the tyres

mmmm no

the lugs fit in the recess of the nut thingy on the swinging arm - no issues when inserted correctly and fastened

there is a bespoke cylinder that slides into the rear hub that you then attach the strap to and the lift depending on what configuration you want

had mine for many years used it on all bikes including ZZR, tiger, sx and now the GSA

The lift dictates bike purchase - i won't have a bike where i cannot use the lift on it

pics i'll try and get some tommorrow when i clean it

^^^Pics`d be good, thanks.
I have a design in my head for building a bike lift of similar design.
I have steel stock,a hydraulic ram, access to a lathe, a hacksaw, welder, and i ain`t afraid to use `em.
It`d be a good little winter project, and being a tightwad i ain`t splashing out 500 quid for a gadget just to clean me bike, bad back yer see - can`t bend down...

Not a gs, tho I love mine, I’ve modified it so it holds the bike in the air with the belt n braces engineered aspect.

c4759ab9ac26ed36fd9b3163dac4ecbf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom