F750 GS Auxiliary Lights

dazzas1066

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to add some auxiliary lights to my F750GS. What do people recommend?

BWM ones or something else. I have the wunderliech protection if that makes a difference to what I could get.

Are there possibilities to connect some brands to the main lighting to avoid an extra button? Maybe it's not an issue. Keep to know what people have used/recommend

Thanks

I bought Bikevis Auxiliary lights to mount on crash bars using some clamps. Mine come on with the ignition (no switch) via an Innovv Powerhub as they are for being seen rather more then seeing. As it happens they are mounted on a Triumph.

I already had a set of Puig lights which I quite like and it looks to me that the BMW OEM ones are the same, certainly the mounts are. Therefore I bought just the BMW mounting bar and fitted them.

As for power, I fitted the relay just behind the battery and run the wiring under the bodywork to the front right. I have used a T off of the sat nav power to an illuminated switch which powers the relay. Therefore the main power is via the relay but the switch feed powers off with the bike.

I did try lights on the engine bars but was never really happy with the positioning. I also considered fitting a switch to the bars and a powerhub, but I had these parts already and I'm happy that the wiring, relay and switch are nicely hidden away.

Here are a few pics, hope this helps.

Attachments

• 9661BB8E-A84B-4A46-AFF2-ADFB05CE83E7.jpeg
    9661BB8E-A84B-4A46-AFF2-ADFB05CE83E7.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_9684.jpeg
    IMG_9684.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_9963.jpeg
    IMG_9963.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 143
I bit the bullet and went for the VERY expensive OEM BMW ones although I negotiated a reasonable discount

The switch is integrated onto the handlebar like on my GSA and information is given on the TFT screen. Obviously everything fits as it should and although the lights just have to be clipped into the wiring harness I had them fitted by the dealer.

This involved having to download the software so that the bike would recognise the new lights. An added bonus is that my TFT had the latest software download.

Although expensive for what they are, I don't think they were that much more than other good quality spotlights plus they are fully guaranteed for 2 years including any fitment issues.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom