R1150GS Gearbox Guide Pins 23 1 820

KTM-AL

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello Chaps
Over the Christmas holidays I'm going to replace my worn flywheel on my 1150 GS. I was just looking through the manual and it states that you need two guide pins part number 23 1 820. Are these just threaded pins that use the bolt holes to slide the gear box off? If so, does anyone have dimensions so I could make a pair before pulling the bike apart?
Thanks

The teeth are worn, so making a horrible noise when starting. I thought of getting some long bolts and cutting the heads off. Are they M8?
f7HroeHl.jpg

The ones I made - and still have - are 135mm long with 15mm threaded M8 at one end and a slight taper lead on the plain end.
They're stainless steel - I think I made them from the long studs from an old pneumatic cylinder?
On these studs the threads are "rolled" - so the bar is only about 7.10mm diameter - but 8mm diameter would be fine:rolleyes:

I can't remember if these proved to be the perfect length? somebody else can maybe confirm?

Cheers.......................Grizzly

A Photo As Well

Studs.................

Attachments

• DSC_0155.jpg
    DSC_0155.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 185
Just M8 x 1.25 thread

Make them Long enough that you can guide the box onto the pins and snug it up into place

BUT still have room to remove the pins Right hand side middle (and Lower I think) will be a problem there ;)

I usually use the top two

Oh and Cut a flat blade slot in the outer end to make it easy to unscrew them

The teeth are worn, so making a horrible noise when starting. I thought of getting some long bolts and cutting the heads off. Are they M8?
f7HroeHl.jpg

Mine were worse than that after I had a lug break on the starter. I mig-welded the tops and dressed them back into shape with a mini grinder.

Back
Top Bottom