2011 GSA - Brake Failure Warning

Gary_Freear

Reaction score
Hi

looking to gain help on an issue I have with my 2011 GSA as it now has the warning of Brake Failure indicated as soon as I switch on the bike.

I've checked the brake fluid levels, front and rear brake switches, brake bulbs are LED and are ok. -- I don't believe that my speedo is working either.

Managed to get my hands on a GS911 and the fault codes were

10313 - Exhaust flap servometer -- the fault is currently present

24052 -- Electrical system under voltage - the fault is not present now
23970 -- Rear wheel speed sensor - Signal Implausible -- the fault is not present now
24090 -- CAN-bus timeout from engine-- the fault is not present now
23971 -- Rear wheel speed sensor -- signal implausible -- the fault is not present now
37641 -- Electrical system under voltage -- the fault is not present now

I've only had the bike a couple of months, and from the receipts that it I have, it has a full service history (dealer), and has had the FD rebuilt fairly recently.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this?

TIA

Gary

Can you put up a photo of the display?
Have you got and have you read the user manual?
And Welcome to the madhouse.

“23971 -- Rear wheel speed sensor -- signal implausible -- the fault is not present now”…..

….Sensor may be not quite fitted properly (air gap wrong) or is broken. Take it out, wipe clean carefully, refit with a new O ring (Make sure the old one is removed), check wires and connector - under seat by tool tray. Very small possibility the rebuilt FD is problem - only because I once had this and a Mikeyboy rebuild fixed it. But most likely is you need a new sensor.

The not present bit is just coz you haven’t turned a wheel yet.

Exhaust servo is probably seized. You could leave it or remove and fit a link pipe.

General low battery could be the battery on its way out or the starter motor starting to fail and needing either a service or replacement. Not present now probably coz you haven’t tried to start it after switching on the ignition or it’s now running and back up to 12v+.

I had all these faults on my 2011 gsa.

As per AustinW

Mine failed mid journey. Spooked me a little as to why it decided to suddenly die, but it was simple, albeit not cheap, fix.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hi

looking to gain help on an issue I have with my 2011 GSA as it now has the warning of Brake Failure indicated as soon as I switch on the bike.

I've checked the brake fluid levels, front and rear brake switches, brake bulbs are LED and are ok. -- I don't believe that my speedo is working either.

Managed to get my hands on a GS911 and the fault codes were

10313 - Exhaust flap servometer -- the fault is currently present

24052 -- Electrical system under voltage - the fault is not present now
23970 -- Rear wheel speed sensor - Signal Implausible -- the fault is not present now
24090 -- CAN-bus timeout from engine-- the fault is not present now
23971 -- Rear wheel speed sensor -- signal implausible -- the fault is not present now
37641 -- Electrical system under voltage -- the fault is not present now

I've only had the bike a couple of months, and from the receipts that it I have, it has a full service history (dealer), and has had the FD rebuilt fairly recently.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this?

TIA

Gary

Gary, this is 100% normal. It goes out once the wheels have turned a few times right? - perfectly normal.

“23971 -- Rear wheel speed sensor -- signal implausible -- the fault is not present now”…..

….Sensor may be not quite fitted properly (air gap wrong) or is broken. Take it out, wipe clean carefully, refit with a new O ring (Make sure the old one is removed), check wires and connector - under seat by tool tray. Very small possibility the rebuilt FD is problem - only because I once had this and a Mikeyboy rebuild fixed it. But most likely is you need a new sensor.

The not present bit is just coz you haven’t turned a wheel yet.

Exhaust servo is probably seized. You could leave it or remove and fit a link pipe.

General low battery could be the battery on its way out or the starter motor starting to fail and needing either a service or replacement. Not present now probably coz you haven’t tried to start it after switching on the ignition or it’s now running and back up to 12v+.

I had all these faults on my 2011 gsa.

Thanks for the reply Austin, I will give the sensor and connections a clean to see if that helps, check the battery with the multimeter (it has never struggled to start or spin slowly, but I'll still have a look. The exhaust sounds like the flat is either open and stuck or open and disconnected (not majorly fussed with this tbh).

Just thinking out loud, but if the battery had failed (hence the error code) but has been replaced with out the code being cleared, it would still show?

how long did you have your 2011 gsa for?

As per AustinW

Mine failed mid journey. Spooked me a little as to why it decided to suddenly die, but it was simple, albeit not cheap, fix.

sounds very similar to me, i was in central London and the warning light came on, didn't notice the speedo as i use the sat nav as my speedo but I'm guessing it also stopped at the same time.

sounds very similar to me, i was in central London and the warning light came on, didn't notice the speedo as i use the sat nav as my speedo but I'm guessing it also stopped at the same time.
It will - after a period of continued riding - switch to the front sensor and your speedo will come back to life. Mine did that and it was kind of reassuring, that it really was just the rear sensor.

Sounds like you're gonna have to get your wallet out.

I've had 2 rear speed sensors go on my 2010 GSA - symptoms were brake warning and no speedo. Replacing the sensor fixed it both times.

I've had a rear sensor go, I hadn't clipped it in properly and it had rubbed on the brake disc. There is only a few millimeters space even when it is clipped in correctly. dead easy to fit though once you know how nor to fit it.

I've had 2 rear speed sensors go on my 2010 GSA - symptoms were brake warning and no speedo. Replacing the sensor fixed it both times.

Thanks Vee5, looks like it will be the same fix for me.

I've had a rear sensor go, I hadn't clipped it in properly and it had rubbed on the brake disc. There is only a few millimeters space even when it is clipped in correctly. dead easy to fit though once you know how nor to fit it.

Cheers Scud, where did you purchase yours from?

Back
Top Bottom