Zerofit base layers

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I bought a couple of these Zerofit base layers at the bike show last week: https://zerofit.co.uk/collections/range/products/heatrub-ultimate-baselayer

I have to say they are truly excellent pieces of kit and are toasty warm.

I wore mine on the bike yesterday in temps of around 3c and wore it again today on a 6 mile hike in temps down to freezing and I stayed comfortably warm on both occasions.

I also bought one for Claire as she works from home a couple of days a week and refuses to put the heating on and she said it made a huge difference in keeping her warm and comfortable.

Highly recommended.

It may also be worth having a look at Aldi for their merino base and mid layers for skiers.

I bought basewear top and long johns from Costco a few years ago. They go on (days only!) in late autumn and don't come off until spring. They make a huge difference combined with warm pullies!

Sent from 2022.

It may also be worth having a look at Aldi for their merino base and mid layers for skiers.

I bought basewear top and long johns from Costco a few years ago. They go on (days only!) in late autumn and don't come off until spring. They make a huge difference combined with warm pullies!

Sent from 2022.

I have some good Merino layers which I use most of the year Alaska and it works really well in all conditions.

This is next level for pure warmth though and feel great against the skin. Great for wearing about the house as well when the thermostat is down a few notches.

I have some good Merino layers which I use most of the year Alaska and it works really well in all conditions.

This is next level for pure warmth though and feel great against the skin. Great for wearing about the house as well when the thermostat is down a few notches.
Quite a recommendation Chris. :thumb2

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

How do Zerofit vs Merino compare?

See post #6

Another probably valid comparison is that the Zerofit garment is made from:

Acrylic 68%, Nylon 21%, Polyester 2%, Wool 7% & Polyurethane 2%

Whilst Merino garments are made from…… um….. er……. um….. Merino

Well

I have always been a user of Icebreaker merino and for winter i like their 260Weight zip neck things but they are getting to be very expensive - (Mine are now aboutr 4 years old and getting ready for replacing)

So on this recomendation i have ordered a zerofit and will give it a try

I will report back

I am a version of RedRick and have done the same.

When ours arrive, we should do a full in-depth comparison between Zerofit and the Merino Icebrraker garments, if only to meet GS2022’s enquiring mind. I do though fear that a spreadsheet might be the only way satisfy him.

Only fair that i report back on these

I am wearing it for the first time today and i have to say it is incredibly warm and maybe a bit odd in the way it feels warm it is almost like an electrically heated thing but on a very low setting if that makes sense

Way warmer than my 260 weight ice breaker which i wore yesterday under the same sweater and pretty identical outside temps for comparrison

As for how it will wear and age time will tell and as for how many days i can wear it without it stinking

Mine has yet to arrive.

Best I have got is an email dated 05 December saying it’s on its way via DHL ‘Express’. Clearly DHL / Zerofit need to look into the meaning of the word ‘Express’.

I have emailed the seller, as DHL ‘Express’ claim to have not received it. But DHL’s own app showed that it’s in Belfast. I suspect that DHL have lost it somehow.

A very swift reply from Zerofit….

Good Morning Mr Wapping

Thank you for your email, I am re-sending the package today, if it is showing nothing means it has went astray.

Please accept our apologies they usually are reliable.

I will add 3 free hats with your order for the inconvenience and having to chase the order up.

Regards

Caroline

Decided to take the plunge as I usually wear my old merino tops I got in NZ, (think Aldi specials for a fiver) ten years on they still do insulate. The zerofit arrived the next day and out of the bag, the quality can be seen, not thin like my merino's but quite thick material. I went XL as 44 is the base of the XL size, still the top is tight fitting and glad I went for the crew neck. Only a couple of days wear but can feel the difference between my old thin merino tops. I've also ordered the Aldi specials online together with the merino mid layer so will see how they compare when they arrive in a week or so.

Only negative I have is the top does tend to ride up, and they do say order the next size up so maybe that could be a wise move on someone else ordering. First wait and see what others think first.

My usage is purely a sedate one, just household use to keep the heating down, so two days in I'm happy with my purchase.

Cheers Sgt Bilco, for a heads up on a decent bit of kit.

On the strength of this I ordered a couple, as I'm working from home at the moment and don't want to have the heating blasting just for me. Ordered Firday, delivered Saturday by DHL and my they are toasty warm and comfy, and they look pretty smart to. Yet to test on two wheels, but they are certainly very warm and retain heat very well. Be interesting to see how they wash. I went "next size up" and the fit is perfect for me, the neck being particularly comfy and plush.

Good shout Mr Bilco, now had to order for the wifey as well :)

Back
Top Bottom