Testing of the Beta version of the new ‘NEXT’ app…..

There are some useful suggestions and interesting comments coming from the app’s owners / developers.

It’s quite interesting watching how some things are taken up now, which are held back for possible future updates and which are rejected.

I saw that they said they’re not sure about Wunderlinq compatibility and was quite disheartened. However, I now see their next priority is CarPlay so considering one of the waterproof CarPlay screens that seem to be appearing.

Got to be worth a punt for £100, and even if it’s not great with MRA it opens up some other apps that don’t support Wunderlinq (which I haven’t yet bought)

Thank you.

I have been really impressed with the MyRoute app and, more particularly the feed back on the Beta app’s testing.

I saw that they said they’re not sure about Wunderlinq compatibility and was quite disheartened. However, I now see their next priority is CarPlay so considering one of the waterproof CarPlay screens that seem to be appearing.

Got to be worth a punt for £100, and even if it’s not great with MRA it opens up some other apps that don’t support Wunderlinq (which I haven’t yet bought)

MRA works just fine using CarPlay

This looks like a welcomed development.

https://youtu.be/YH_JCfabwI0

The screen of an Apple device can be operated using just Voice Control from the settings menu. This gives basic commands such as ‘zoom’ and ‘pan’ etc. For finer control the sub menu ‘overlay - item numbers’ lets you operate any screen switch in any app. I’m not an MRA user at the moment but it works just fine with Pocket Earth. Obviously on a bike and wearing a helmet needs different access to the device’s microphone. The BT audio profile of Airpods works (as does my hearing aids!) but I guess any upmarket comms system would be fine. Perhaps some kind Sena (or similar) owner could try it out?

Back
Top Bottom