Wunderlich Marathon screen K1600GT (tint)

Wapping

Reaction score
I am not usually one for buggering around with screens and, not least, I like the 1600 as (with the exception of a side stand footprint) you don’t need to do anything with it. However, clutching a dividend from HSBC shares, I thought I’d try this screen, as I’d read good things about it. It is the first aftermarket screen I have ever bought.

What to say? It’s a bit of a curate’s egg; good in parts. It’s certainly large, that’s for sure and will probably suit longer distance touring. The screen is not as ‘cutaway’ as the standard BMW offering. This is fine, once you get over the slight temptation to look at it. This is particularly true of the upper edge, which hits higher than the standard screen. It’s chief fault? When fully extended, you end up looking through the screen, rather than over it. I don’t particularly like that.

Some decent miles using it, might tell me more.

Wunderlich Marathon screen K1600GT/GTL/Sport/Bagger (tint)

Hi anymore news on the screen waiting for your comments before I buy

re screen,i put one on last year for a trip around scotland.
being a tat smaller in build than most ive seen on her 5,8 i found it much much too big/tall evan before you raise it .
the sides are good stops a lot of blast but just too big for me.
excellent screen for the larger person lol.

Having now clocked up just short of 500 miles with the Wunderlich Marathon screen, I have got used to it.

I no longer notice (or look at) the higher edge of the screen.

I never raise it to its fully upright position, because I haven’t found I needed to. This avoids me ever having to look through the screen at all.

Back
Top Bottom