Can I reject a bike that has been repaired following an accident?

Internet is awash with complaints with them using 2nd hand parts.

The internet was and is awash that the company is owned by insurers and / or intermediaries, too. This thread has both entities listed owners. The source of this knowledge? It’s they have been told.

There might be a certain irony, were it to be true that secondhand parts were used. Ironic, as the use of secondhand parts is often put forward on this forum, as an easy way to speed repair processes and reduce claims costs.

The internet was and is awash that the company is owned by insurers and / or intermediaries, too. This thread has both entities listed owners. The source of this knowledge? It’s they have been told.

There might be a certain irony, were it to be true that secondhand parts were used. Ironic, as the use of secondhand parts is often put forward on this forum, as an easy way to speed repair processes and reduce claims costs.

However, when the useless f*ckers use second hand parts which they have had blasted and powder coated BUT leave the threads full of blasting grit and then put the bolts into the threads presumably with a windy gun so that when parts need removed the bolts snap and have to be drilled out (as on my mates V Strom where every single one of the rack/ pannier frame bracket bolts snapped because of this, or where the bike went in with one matched key for all of the factory luggage but came back with 3 different locks for the top box and both panniers).

Obviously too difficult to remove the locks from the original luggage and put them in the used resprayed boxes they fitted, so he went from have one key and a spare for his luggage to one key and a spare for the top box and a single mismatched key for each pannier.

Then he should complain to his insurer and have the mismatched parts made good again. Or moan. The choice is always there.

It will though be a salutary lesson to the many on UKGSer who moan that their repair woukd have been quicker or better, had secondhand parts been used.

Got this bike back last week, they’ve done an absolutely superb job on it, looks like new. Everything in its place etc etc. It was away five months.

I queried how so many bikes that appear on their eBay website have been written off for seemingly minor damage yet mine was repaired.
Basically, It’s all down to the numbers regardless of how severe the impact was, assuming it can be economically repaired of course.
Bike was valued at £12k, repairs cost £8600. Fair enough, can’t dispute the figures.
A big factor, apparently, is whether the owner has a courtesy bike whilst his bike is away being repaired. I hadn’t ticked the Courtesy bike option on my policy.
The total cost soon goes over the threshold if bike hire costs are added and it’s therefore written off to minimise the losses.

Anyway , in the meantime I’ve bought another one so this bike has gone to one of the many traders that advertise on the web.

Back
Top Bottom