V100 TT/Stelvio in the Pipe...

MartinK

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For those who able to make it to EICMA last month, chances are you might’ve visited Moto Guzzi’s booth exhibition booth.
Moto Guzzi confirms the Stelvio to make a comeback.
The Stelvio adventure motorcycle is likely to feature the same powertrain as the newly launched V100 Mandello.
If you did, it is likely that you also came across the Italian brand latest teaser that confirms that return of the Stelvio adventure motorcycle.

The Moto Guzzi Stelvio was an adventure-touring type motorcycle that was in production for eight years, running from 2007 to 2016.

The special teaser showcased the Stelvio nameplate that sits above a set of wire-spoke wheels:
attachment.php

Source: https://www.bikesrepublic.com/featu...4uHvFXH47slcU3emIlEYT9kTxvPvv6K2tXKUhKgB1O3_U

Attachments

• stelvio.jpg
    stelvio.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 528
Was to do with Euro emissions I believe.
Yes, I believe that was the case, would never have passed euro 5. Obviously, the new V100 Mandelo and the new Stelvio are both using the new WC engine. Shame, really. I do like air-cooled bikes, or even air/oil cooled. Maybe the V85TT V7 850, etc, will be the last proper air-cooled twins from MG

Doesn’t look to bad from the few glimpses in the vid.

The old Stelvio? Don't think the new one has been seen yet, or has it and I missed it

Right from the first post where I said I prefer the look of the MV ( compared to the picture of a pair of wheels ) I was trying to be ironic…the MV would be too expensive.

I would love a new V100 to replace my long gone 1200Sport but it would have to be the S which is also a bit expensive . I reckon the new Stelvio would suit me better but I can imagine that they will price that above the V100 too so for now I’ll stick with my Honda… If I hadn’t recently bought a car as a toy I’d be snapping up wrinklies V85tt Centario as a stop gap.

No...KTM SAS, BMW GS, Ducati Multistrada all have cast wheels...Had spokes on my Super Tenere and GSA, swore I would never have them again!

Got to be honest, I have a Super Tenere with spoked wheels, (yes, all Super Tenere have them), and I would love a set of cast wheels, the wheels are about the only things I would change.

Right from the first post where I said I prefer the look of the MV ( compared to the picture of a pair of wheels ) I was trying to be ironic…the MV would be too expensive.

I would love a new V100 to replace my long gone 1200Sport but it would have to be the S which is also a bit expensive . I reckon the new Stelvio would suit me better but I can imagine that they will price that above the V100 too so for now I’ll stick with my Honda… If I hadn’t recently bought a car as a toy I’d be snapping up wrinklies V85tt Centario as a stop gap.
I keep looking at the V85 TT, particularly the Gardia D'Onore as I like the colour scheme and the spec of the limited edition but the Travel in grey is also nice. I have been tracking prices in the UK and both these can be had for as low as £11.5 K, standard bikes for just under £10k and the fancy paint jobs just £200 more than these. The V100 would be too cramped for me, my RT was killing my hips

I keep looking at the V85 TT, particularly the Gardia D'Onore as I like the colour scheme and the spec of the limited edition but the Travel in grey is also nice. I have been tracking prices in the UK and both these can be had for as low as £11.5 K, standard bikes for just under £10k and the fancy paint jobs just £200 more than these. The V100 would be too cramped for me, my RT was killing my hips

Have you had a sit on the V100 ? it is suprisingly roomy

Have you had a sit on the V100 ? it is suprisingly roomy
Unfortunately the only MG dealership in Scotland is a 220 mile round trip for me Mike

Just read a very good review in Bike magazine on the Madello and they mentioned that it was indeed roomy even for the long legged like the reviewer. Once the ice and snow clears here a bit I will take a run down and see them for myself, have already had a chat about taking a V85 TT out, I have sat on these though so all good

Got to be honest, I have a Super Tenere with spoked wheels, (yes, all Super Tenere have them), and I would love a set of cast wheels, the wheels are about the only things I would change.

Agree somewhat...my S10 was awesome. A very underrated machine. I was hoping the new Tenere would be a 1400 triple, instead they did a 700!

I'm really hoping this V100 engine is a winner. If they make the Stelvio good too I'll probably have one. I like my V85TT a lot (usually going for the TT instead of my GS when going out on my own) - a bit more in the power and handling departments and it would be a real winner for me.

Back
Top Bottom