V100 TT/Stelvio in the Pipe...

When I tested the old Stelvio back in 2011 I got the impression that it would have been a great replacement and direct competitor for the r1150gs if it had been released 6 years earlier in 2005.

By the time it came to market it just felt dated compared to the r1200gsa tc never mind the soon to be released lc engined bikes.

As the new v100 engine is supposed to be bang up to date I really hope the new Stelvio is aimed squarely aimed at competing with the new r1300 models and not the r1200 range

I will be very interested in how it comes out as my current 2022 model r1250gsa triple black basic will be my last new BMW if it is correct that all new bikes will only be supplied with ESA

That's the thing with Guzzi's Neil, they're never trying to compete with anything else. Take them as they are.

That's the thing with Guzzi's Neil, they're never trying to compete with anything else. Take them as they are.

I really wanted to love the Stelvio but the demonstrator was a bit too cramped two up and when it was hot it was rattling like a b#stard and it became very problematic getting first from neutral plus the spring rating on the front was far too soft.

I really like the looks of the current V85 and if the V100 turns out to be a good quality , reliable motor then I will look very closely at the new Stelvio

Just what I was going to say. There’s enough of a market out there for a non-Jap Adv touring bike that simply isn’t a BMW, and that also isn’t mega-power.

Personally I would also like the V100 Stelvio not to have too much tech. Oh, and a different name.

Reggie353 and I called to the local Guzzi dealer this morning. Got to sit on the bike, poked it, started it and was offered a go by the dealer. The red is definitely the best looking of the standard models.

I’m 6’ and the bike feels quite roomy. Looks to be good quality so I’ll get a run on it when the weather drys up a bit.

Best dealer ever as has a fantastic cafe in the showroom which was rammed full today.

Barry

Attachments

• F7AF5762-FCAD-4AD7-B03F-20A0EDD2EDA2.jpg
    F7AF5762-FCAD-4AD7-B03F-20A0EDD2EDA2.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 198
  • 12033527-8BAC-499C-A05C-2A5F846AA456.jpg
    12033527-8BAC-499C-A05C-2A5F846AA456.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 196
I done the same as you today Barry. Called in with Wes (and had my fry!) for a look and have to say it looks even better in the flesh. Did prefer the white to the red but wouldn’t be disappointed with either colour.

I think that's probably why I like them, not packed with gizmos even though they need some to compete, I don't care about HP (I ride an 47 hp RE Interceptor as well) character and low down torque is appealing.... and they look good

Reggie353 and I called to the local Guzzi dealer this morning. Got to sit on the bike, poked it, started it and was offered a go by the dealer. The red is definitely the best looking of the standard models.

I’m 6’ and the bike feels quite roomy. Looks to be good quality so I’ll get a run on it when the weather drys up a bit.

Best dealer ever as has a fantastic cafe in the showroom which was rammed full today.

Barry

If thats the quality of their breakfast :thumb2:clap, I’ve stayed a 4**** hotels that would be proud of that. Bike looks rather nice too :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom