Buying an xt

Littledumptruck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So after a disaster with my old 660 failing miserably in spain recently the wifes decided it’s time to upgrade to an xt.

Any advice on where’s cheapest to buy? Amazon currently £350 ish. Anyone know anywhere better. Going to need two extra mounts too.

Missus is a nurse. Xt from Garmin delivered with blue light card £262 :okay

So the wife and kids bought me an XT and 2 extra mounts with power supplies. Fitted first one to my Tenere yesterday. Not impressed with the wee waterproof cover. Found some ‘printed’ plastic covers, but they look rather naff, and pricey, and theres no actual seal in them like the one on the back of the xt.
Has anyone found an alternative way of protecting the pins or is the silly wee cover reliable enough?

Attachments

• 69419F39-ED1B-490F-9493-F818656DA03C.jpg
    69419F39-ED1B-490F-9493-F818656DA03C.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 346
you'll be fine with/without the cover. It's mainly to stop dirt and grit getting in opposed to water. Spray some GT85 or similar product every now and again and all should be fine,

through which company please - daughter has a blue light card :0)

Garmin direct - your daughter will need to click the link from within the Blue Light App or website. I looked yesterday for someone. The XT was out of stock but there are other Zumo options. I think the 396 was £100 cheaper than Halfords.

There's a cover that goes over the whole mount. Available as a design to 3D print, but there is someone selling them on eBay.
This is a test one I did in blue TPU.
3c6d81adf89d850cb88ab735ad067d94.jpg

Sent from my Atom_L using Tapatalk

The last time I checked, Sportsbike Shop had them discounted down to the same price as Garmin with the Bluelight discount.

Edit - scrap the above. Just checked and Garmin direct is cheaper now with the Bluelight discount.

The last time I checked, Sportsbike Shop had them discounted down to the same price as Garmin with the Bluelight discount.

Edit - scrap the above. Just checked and Garmin direct is cheaper now with the Bluelight discount.

ah, yes, the XT is there at £277.49 - if you select the Zumo filter it does not come up. Select automotive and it is there

The silly wee cover is reliable enough.
And the mount itself is sturdy enough as well.
Yes, tbh now I’ve used it a while I’ve found it perfectly ok, just so use to the old 660s clip on cover. Doubt I’ll bother with anything else now though.

Whilst the 3d printed covers do look a little odd, they do keep the worst of the weather off in overnight rain. Saying that the Garmin rubber cover, also works fine.

Wife works for nhs
Did u just go to bluelight page or Garmin page

you have to be a blue Light member, go to the website, login, search Garmin and then click through from there to the Garmin website. The discounts are only shown if you follow this route exactly.

I’ve just ordered one through Blue Light Card scheme this evening. If you follow the discount link through the BLC site, it brings up all items that are discounted. If you filter to Zumo, it only shows the 3** series and not the XT. However if you filter to full European maps, it comes up with the XT. The current offer is 25% discount, which takes it down to £277

Looks like I ordered one at just the right time. A colleague in work has just gone to order one and it is showing it will be dispatched n 5 to 6 weeks. I already have a tracking number for tomorrow delivery.

Back
Top Bottom