Next level Himalayan

People have done the same before on assorted models and makes of bikes, creating the so called ‘Raid’ or ‘Rally’ versions of the original donor bike. The skill is to retain the essence of the original bike, which the makers seem to have done.

Thanks for finding the video.

In that they changed nearly everything?

The only way to make one 'proper'!
Great video though Steve especially love the way he explains being able to feel your connection to the ground through the motorcycle.

The great thing about the Himalayan and other bikes in the Enfield range, is that they are cheap ‘Out of the box’. Within their obvious limitations, they will perform pretty well. What they do lend themselves to, I guess, is exactly what is shown in the video, some well thought out alterations to make a ‘new bike’. Of course the cost would be expensive but you wouldn’t have to do all of it at once or indeed all of it all. Or find a crashed one and get on with it.

I don’t doubt that the makers of the bike, created it not so much to use themselves, but as a showcase for:

A. What is possible

B. Their engineering / conceptual skills

In those two, they have done a pretty good job.

Contact them if you want to get busy with the spanners.

https://www.motoexotica.org/

I think that looks great.

I hope the presenter, who spoke perfectly clear English, wasn't offended that they added subtitles!!! Seriously??

I hope the presenter, who spoke perfectly clear English, wasn't offended that they added subtitles!!! Seriously??

If that was perfectly clear English to you, I shudder at the thought of trying to follow someone talking what you'd class as mumbo jumbo.

Bike looks good.

I think Wapping is right in saying it's really about being a showcase for the designer on what's possible and demonstrating those engineering/design skills. Would you want the bike with the premium the build would entail? It's different and would always be a talking point, but there will always be something faster/more capable 'out of the box' from KTM/Honda/Husqvarna etc.

I like the Himalayan for what it is, not what it could be.

The guys English sounded fine to me, did I miss something?

Back
Top Bottom