Fish Dash 40000001.6 pj's carlingford 14th jan twenty tree

I think they're closed

Got here and doors shut and notice in window say open 19th even tho their thing says they are open

I'm going to feenys chippy now

I may be mad, but I'm not stupid.

Have been watching this thread, and live near ultimate destination.
Wind: Blowing a gale.
Rain: More on than off.
Temperature: Under 3 degrees.

Decided, in view of the current conditions, not to take motorcycle out of hibernation.
Drove down.
No motorcyles about.
O'Hares Locked up.
Carlingford desolate.

Decision correct.

Windy, wet and cold and abandoned
We came, we saw the sign, PPP.
Cortina, John and myself eat in the Liberty cafe. Call it quits at 2 and meandered our way back North.
At least, someone was at home when I got here.
07d3541742a763842ef0bfabce8a9e37.jpg

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Cortina, John and myself eat in the Liberty cafe. Call it quits at 2 and meandered our way back North.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Would have loved to meet up with ye........but the universe had other plans for Jochen and Myself....... the good news is that we eventually found the phone.
Sorry for abandoning you Hairnet.

Had a lovely spin and a good bit of craic today........hopefully we'll make it to the destination the next time.

Sent from my BATPHONE using Tapatalk

Only slightly annoyed at o hares but I saw their prices and I'm not that unhappy

I walked past you three times once while you were stood at it then you passed on the main road as I was trying message joch

A friend has one and didn't know if it was him hence hung around lol

Joch needs one of them doro phones wid da big buttons lmao

Don't blame yis for bailing
Although it was worth it for the spin from trim ( can go harder in the car than on the bike cos more grip :D )

Do ya think joch will be able to retrieve all the odd stuff from yon device :aidan

'sake

Attachments

• IMG_20230114_132759115.jpg
    IMG_20230114_132759115.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20230114_095032617_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230114_095032617_HDR.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20230114_173920995_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230114_173920995_HDR.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 81
Big thanks to joch for rescuing my hat from an post

Go rabh maith agat

Nice to see Keith too ( word in edgeways?? Us??? Nahhhh :D )

I don't think that little Hybrid Toyota Yoke ever thought it would be on a special stage of a Rally

S20 5G sent this......

I have put a bid in to buy the little Bakery in Carrick

S20 5G sent this......

Expected / assumed that due dilligence would have been done by the organiser of this event (I use the term organiser loosely !!! ... very loosely) to ensure chosen location would actually have been open - First mistake.
Thought that said body would at least have been at / remained at chosen location (at appointed approx time) to herd up any lost sheep - err , 2nd mistake. (I won't go on)
The rest of us who were there (total 3) enjoyed our lunch nearby , had a bit of chat with the locals , and enjoyed an indirect run out on the bikes - in both directions , with the weather not actually being that bad in the end.
Cheers Michael for the chosen route back to Hillsborough - a few interesting roads that I have not been on before.
Till the next time ... possibly ....................(cough)

I think they're closed
:blast

Cortina, John and myself eat in the Liberty cafe.
Sorry we missed youse ;)

the good news is that we eventually found the phone.
Yes, thanks for your help Keith :thumb
Thought its was just the cracked screen but when I took the cover off it looked like someone had driven over it :eek:
It's awful quiet without WhatsApp

Got home without getting wet at all at all
Great day out, thanks Mark for the idea & Keith for the company :aidan

so i come to your wonderful country and all i get is a bacon and sausage baguette

ffs

their gewgle said they wuz open and joch sent me a menu during the week presume from their website and that didnt mention they were gonna be closed (joch woulda said roigh?)

shame missed yis (by half an hour) but didnt feel hungry anyway and after not getting hold of joch or keef i was more interested that they hadnt had a more serious mishap

and after waking up after looking at pj's menu (no wai it was that much last toime) i think the clogher chipper van might get another visit :)

I don't think that little Hybrid Toyota Yoke ever thought it would be on a special stage of a Rally

S20 5G sent this......

1. not my car
2. i didnt pick the route to go there
3. rental
4. dgaf
5. joch always boreen us so i thought id return the favour :D
6. rental :D

Hard to beat the Chipper van in Clogher. Did you get cake in carrick?

Last edited:
Joch does cake

I shoulda bought the white choc thing Keith had but must be losing it cos didn't buy extra or indeed buy emeralds ( fail at airport) or iceberger)

Attachments

• IMG_20230114_120317003_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230114_120317003_HDR.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 133
I might go back up to Carrick for another one of those White Chocolate & Raspberry Tarts tomorrow (well later actually given the time it is now)

It was that good!!!

S20 5G sent this......

Class! They are good. There’s a raspberry and almond tart that’s pretty damn good also :) Cake is a major food group to me.

Class! They are good. There’s a raspberry and almond tart that’s pretty damn good also :) Cake is a major food group to me.

They definitely gained a new regular customer..........I drive through Carrick fairly regularly with my work.

Back
Top Bottom