Llangollen 2006 - Off-Road

sorebums

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Folks

Paul has asked me to lead a dirt run in 2006. The Llangollen meet will probably the first time I ride after the birth of my first baby (with luck end of Feb 2006), so I propose to do the same run we did in 2005, but in the opposite direction. I'll throw in a few other trails I know as well.

The run should give us a whole load of new challenges and views.

Hope this is OK?

To see what you're in for have a look at:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44093

Simon

sorebums said:
Folks

Paul has asked me to lead a dirt run in 2006. The Llangollen meet will probably the first time I ride after the birth of my first baby

Sounds great Simon, hope you don't need stitches :eek:

Boys

Georgie's 6 months pregnat but I'm still ahead of her on the gut stakes, but only just.

S

Sorry, you misinterpreted my "woohoo". I was "woohoo"ing at the prospect of being able to go on one of Simon's excellent off road runs :D

I have no opinion on your ownership of an XTZ or your attendance at the aforementioned event :D

(PS - I see you're on the Wirral, me too. We should go look for some trails to ride in Wales or summink :) )

sorebums said:
Folks
Paul has asked me to lead a dirt run in 2006.
Simon

Dirt? DIRT? :tears :tears :tears

I suppose I'll have to come on this one aswell.

If we're going the other way round maybe I can break the left side of the bike :D

Ken

Yes this year it’s ‘THE OTHER WAY ROUND’, with difficult sections through ‘THE ROAD OF MOANS’. To give you something to look forward to, the half you didn’t do last year is the part with harder going under tyre – should be easier. Or looked at from another angle, the second half this year will be the muddy tiring part.

Bring forth the novices and shiny bikes.

Simon

sorebums said:
Or looked at from another angle, the second half this year will be the muddy tiring part.
Bring forth the novices and shiny bikes.

Oh joy - cant wait :D

Attachments

• DSC02463.jpg
    DSC02463.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 676
Fredkat

Yes of course you can come and join in, but you'll need TKC80s or similar unless you're REALLY good.

Have you off-roaded before? We'll be going slowly and helping the uninitiated. Last year Dahoum was a Dirt Virgin - he's never been the same since.

Simon

I booked the Hotel ages ago and am looking forward to this. :D

If any of you guys are travelling up from London maybe we could do a convoy?

Jon :thumb

sorebums said:
Last year Dahoum was a Dirt Virgin

Not quite - I'd even done the off road course by then. Fcuk, if I hadn't I'd probably have bailed at 10 instead of 2 :D

Unfortunately the one thing they never covered on the off road course was 18inch deep, slimy,sticky,smelly fookin ruts :spitfire

sorebums said:
he's never been the same since

aint that the truth :D

And the enjoyment was so much I'll be back for more this year.

Advice to 'virgins' - come it's fantastic fun. If you're doing it on a big bike get doing some training now (its very tiring) and get someone to show you how easy it is to pick the bike up when you do it properly. :thumb

blues n twos said:
f any of you guys are travelling up from London maybe we could do a convoy?

Last year four of us headed across to the Bristol channel and then rode up through some cracking parts of Wales. I expect we'll do the same this year. Watch this space :beerjug:

Dahoum said:
Last year four of us headed across to the Bristol channel

Great a new ford for us to cross, lead on maestro

Off road

Can I come along on a KMX 200 instead of my GS or is that unsporting? The KMX is about 80kg lighter than the BMW, which makes a big difference by the end of the day when I'm picking it up for the fifth time (I'm not very good) :)

Clare

Back
Top Bottom