Demo Mode

bod

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As someone about to buy a year old 890R Adventure with the full tech pack, I do wonder what I'm letting myself in for?

It seems KTM even manage to outdo BMW with their hunger for your hard earned credits of the realm.

Take the £415 top box that require a £90 mounting plate, and another £90 plate to take the mounting plate.

But things could be worse, far worse!
Buy a 2023 890R for the price of the 2022 with tech pack, and you ride out on an equal bike ... for 1500km ... then it all switches off.

You then pay a thousand pounds to have it switched back on again!
No hardware added, just a flash from a laptop.

I just feel this is mean, and stops any little sweeteners being offered when buying the bike new.

Seems they are all the same, but I can't see the same goodwill gestures from KTM.

We shall see!

I think the Demo mode is a good idea

At least you get to decide if you definitely need it rather than you pay for it upfront and not actually use it ;)

At least you get to decide if you definitely need it rather than you pay for it upfront and not actually use it ;)

I was under the impression the RRP had been increased by a grand on last years model?
The new Ducati Desert doesn't charge extra for software ... but then again I guess it's just built in to the Ducati tax. :blast

I am looking forward to a change, just a bit new to the way KTM operate.

Yes, better than riding a fully loaded demo where you don't really have time to evaluate everything, can take an hour to look through all the menu's on many bikes now, 1000 miles is plenty of time to try everything out and decide what does and does not add anything for you.....

...Some say you are being ripped off as it is all there, but I say you don't have to pay extra towards the costs of developing it all for thse who do want it.

The 1290 KTM is much cheaper than the GS / MTS if you go without all the unlocks - and still a bit cheaper even if you add the lot.

On my 1290 (2018 model) I only wanted the QS and only paid for the QS - perfect.

Chuckle.....

If you can love the front end of a KTM, you could love the front of that after a few! :beerjug:

Yes, better than riding a fully loaded demo where you don't really have time to evaluate everything, can take an hour to look through all the menu's on many bikes now, 1000 miles is plenty of time to try everything out and decide what does and does not add anything for you.....

...Some say you are being ripped off as it is all there, but I say you don't have to pay extra towards the costs of developing it all for thse who do want it.

The 1290 KTM is much cheaper than the GS / MTS if you go without all the unlocks - and still a bit cheaper even if you add the lot.

On my 1290 (2018 model) I only wanted the QS and only paid for the QS - perfect.

With the 890 the biggest cost is the cruise control and the heated grips. You want those so may as well buy the bundle with everything.

As I said, they have increased the price of the 23 model by a thousand pounds, and send you out on a full spec bike.
For it to switch off after 1500km has to be bad form, even for the biggest fan of the brand.

Back
Top Bottom