Pantah 500/600

newbuild100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone out there with one at all.? Currently renovating mine. I have been 40 years so far !

My first ever Ducati was a 500SL. Ice blue, red frame, open carbs and a Verlicchi 2-1, a lovely thing
I had the usual 70's/80's Japanese stuff to start with but saw the light in about 1981 after spending a sublime hour in the Yorkshire Dales on a good mate's black and gold 900ss. I eventually managed to save enough buy a very secondhand Pantah, thinking I'd replace it with a bevel twin at some point. Turns out I'm rubbish at selling bikes - 35 years later and the Pantah's still here.
Unfortunately, and to my shame, it's been offroad - under a sheet and hemmed in - since the millenium. I won't sell it though. I even managed to cling onto it during a rather bitter divorce. Lots of good memories attached to the bike - it would be pretty special just to hear it run again, let alone actually ride it.
I really must pull my finger out and get a decent sized workshop built. Any and all incentives welcome - put up some pics of your resto if you can...

A 500SL was my first Pantah. I sold it to a colleague who pestered me to sell it to him, and I do wish I hadn’t. Last I knew, c35 years ago, it lived in Yorkshire and had a few non standard parts- indicators, a 2 into 1 matt black exhaust, a box section swinging arm and roller bearings to replace the swinging arm plain bushes. I’ve not had many bikes I wished I’d kept (and the LC 250 that replaced the Pantah - don’t ask :nenau - certainly wasn’t one) but the Pantah tops the list.

This was mine.

Attachments

• 07188E72-2FC4-4F87-8F20-17557A624973.jpg
    07188E72-2FC4-4F87-8F20-17557A624973.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 120
I had a 600 Pantah back in the day. I can't remember much about it TBH, it had a nasty custom paint job which I never got around to sorting before I was forced to sell to fund a back packing trip around South America. The few rides I do remember are because it broke down because of rust blocking the fuel filter on the side of the carb. At least it was easy to fix and back on my way 15 minutes later

Back
Top Bottom