GoPro Hero - Anyone Know

Mr Bean

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Which, if any of the GoPro (USB C type charging) cameras will charge whilst recording?

Thanks in advance.

8, 9 and 10 as well as the 360 do.
Take the battery out though. (defeats your object I guess but the batteries get very hot if you leave them in)
Don't know about the 11 - I don't have one.

I have a 7 and it charges while recording too.

I think the older models would do too, but the case would block access to the charging port.
I generally keep my GoPro on the strap of my backpack. Lately I started keeping it connected to a larger battery pack in the bag, so it can last almost all day switched on (recording and not) and I don't have to bother swapping batteries every time.

gocable.jpg

I do keep one battery in though.

I have a hero 9 black and have an optional battery compartment door with USB C waterproof entry point - meaning it can be charged when on the bike etc.

Which, if any of the GoPro (USB C type charging) cameras will charge whilst recording?

Thanks in advance.

11Black charges whilst recording. I use the pass through door and bike power. But it gets hot enough to fry an egg on. Removing the battery and trying to record just on charger power gives “insufficient power” message, even with a high power charger on home mains.

11Black charges whilst recording. I use the pass through door and bike power. But it gets hot enough to fry an egg on. Removing the battery and trying to record just on charger power gives “insufficient power” message, even with a high power charger on home mains.
Sent the 11 back before it self destructed. Took advantage of GoPro’s offer and got an 8 Black. It’s working fine and taking power from the bike via the pass through door arrangement.

I own THIS which hold my GoPro 9 and 11

this means the mic adapter is free to plug in a powerbank stored in my jacket
I can record for hours non stop with no issues of over heating... but then the camera is on the chin of my helmet so it will stay cool.

Only this weekend i rode and recorded 5 hours in one go!
obviously it will edit down.

i find that as soon as you turn the camera off, you miss something every bloody time! (someone falls off their bike, wildlife running over the road, classic car, idiot driver trying to kill you... etc etc)

Thank you Vincent.
I'm starting considering upgrading from my 7, might wait a bit longer for a new model.

I own THIS which hold my GoPro 9 and 11

this means the mic adapter is free to plug in a powerbank stored in my jacket
I can record for hours non stop with no issues of over heating... but then the camera is on the chin of my helmet so it will stay cool.

Only this weekend i rode and recorded 5 hours in one go!
obviously it will edit down.

i find that as soon as you turn the camera off, you miss something every bloody time! (someone falls off their bike, wildlife running over the road, classic car, idiot driver trying to kill you... etc etc)

That is the exact one I use as well

Back
Top Bottom