low imissions zones in Spain next year

MickDB1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looks like Spain is introducing low emission zones in 150 cities (towns over 50k pop)
2023 is posted but date when exactly ???
The stuff I've read says yer cant buy Spanish certs for yer screens if you have a foreign reg
BUT they do accept some certs from other countries like FR Germany Denmark.
100 or 200 yo yo fines possible :eek:

https://murciatoday.com/low-emissio...ion Zones plan,of the most polluting vehicles.

and

https://n332.es/can-foreign-vehicle...5KV9FHfyZc5rMKXLlRrNaaPUDR94YX2nV7zOCdZ6dJD0I

Just shows how stupid their tourist policy can be I think It isnt going to encourage travel to Spain except by plane for a beach holiday

This is an extension / enlargement of the restrictions in place already for Barcelona and Madrid, which have been around for a few years. It does seem fairly chaotic that foreign registered vehicles cannot buy a Spanish sticker. That being said, I doubt whether that many UK registered vehicles will enter the towns affected. I guess that if anyone was truly bothered, they could buy themselves a French sticker and rely on that workaround.

The french system for buying the ‘crit air’ thing works well, and is cheap. So if it also works in Spain it’s a win win situation.

I guess it’s only a matter of time before the EU harmonises its protocols for stickers. Whether that’ll embrace us in the UK, is another matter entirely.

I guess it’s only a matter of time before the EU harmonises its protocols for stickers. Whether that’ll embrace us in the UK, is another matter entirely.

I think it’s a safe bet that the UK will end up being charged a lot more than the EU.

I think it’s a safe bet that the UK will end up being charged a lot more than the EU.

r1Z9IMN

The lifetime of the vehicle French crite d’air sticker & the German equivalent cost less than the daily charge in London, Bristol, Bath, Pompey etc, as usual it is another tax for vehicle owners in jolly old UK, sorry Wapping I think there is very little chance of a standardised EU wide certificate anytime soon.

Al.

The lifetime of the vehicle French crite d’air sticker & the German equivalent cost less than the daily charge in London, Bristol, Bath, Pompey etc, as usual it is another tax for vehicle owners in jolly old UK, sorry Wapping I think there is very little chance of a standardised EU wide certificate anytime soon.

Al.

Oh , there will be a standardised EU wide scheme. Just not including the EK.

Oh , there will be a standardised EU wide scheme. Just not including the EK.

If it does happen there will be lot of jobs making new signs, windscreen stickers and agreeing levels as every country is different at present and it will take years for them to agree on combined levels and colours!!

Al.

Barcelona ferry terminal is within the zone.:mad:
Just went through the registration, what a palava. :blast And still not sure if its registered. Might give it bollox.:thumb

Barcelona ferry terminal is within the zone.:mad:
Just went through the registration, what a palava. :blast And still not sure if its registered. Might give it bollox.:thumb

Don’t know if you are resident in Spain or not, but if not your vehicles do not need an emissions sticker.

Al.

Attachments

• cdssf zv.png
    cdssf zv.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 211
This is what I saw on a motorhome site, although this mentions the Madrid zone, maybe different for other zones.

Al.

Attachments

• 02355A0A-E79F-4D03-AE29-73E39B2316B1.jpg
    02355A0A-E79F-4D03-AE29-73E39B2316B1.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 201
Contradictory !
But I like it. :D
So No Sticker for me ! :thumb

Although I live here this one but me up the bum as I simply didn't see the news that as of now all towns over 100,00 inhabitants are in the ZBE, which includes Tarragona, where I have an apartment although i actually live in the wilderness of the Pyrenees ...

Pants for me as my diesel car is too old to enter any ZBE area and I've no intention of getting a new one. The good news is that in Tarragona, and most other cities that I've checked out, the aurally implantation, i.e. fining people, won't be in place until 2025 and even then the restrictions seem only to apply to working days and hours, e.g. Mondays to Fridays from 07.00 to 20.00 in Barcelona.

Tarragona has not even got round to confirming these hours yet although it has defined the ZBE area, which in my case dines't include the quiet auburn¡b where I leave the car when I'm there, being in the heart of the medieval - nay, Roman! - city centre means I have no use for the car at all :)

I guess the OP, my mate MickDB1, will be worried about Murcia and Cartagena. Well Murcia is a bit of a dump and Cartagena is very small, almost like a twin city with Tarragona, so parking on the outskirts and just walking into the city is not a problem, and there¡s also a fabulous little train that runs from a place called Los Nietos on the Mar Menor, lost of tourist residency there, every half hour or so for just €2 return

I have already got me French cit dairy on windscreen Simon.
I think I am all prepared for the future restrictions.
I was just maybe opening folks eyes on this site and warning them.
Local knowledge is 500 times better than the the net.

Have a great next year pal and hopefully get to meet up as we pass you and Polly soon.

I have already got me French cit dairy on windscreen Simon.
I think I am all prepared for the future restrictions.
I was just maybe opening folks eyes on this site and warning them.
Local knowledge is 500 times better than the the net.

Have a great next year pal and hopefully get to meet up as we pass you and Polly soon.

Looking forward to that Mick :)

Back
Top Bottom