The Strontian Gathering (NOT the Dent Event) 19th - 21st May 2023

Micky

Never knowingly understood
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As per the title folks, this is not the Dent Event. You can go there if you want to but we'll be at Sunart Camping, Strontian PH36 4HZ

Friday 19th to Sunday 21st May 2023

Smaller event, smaller campsite, than Dent, limited spaces available.

Hard standing with electric ... CamperVan, MoHo or Caravan, two people £25.00 per night.

Camping £10.00 per night (no electric but four places available at extra cost)

Two wooden Glamping huts, with heating, electric, microwave, mattress but no bedding ...

1) Sleeps 2

2) Sleeps 3

Chalet with shower, WC, cooker, fridge, sleeps four, £100.00 per night

Please telephone Elle or Tim on 01967 402 080 or 07967 030 664 for availability and to book. Some places already taken by other people before we got this far. Then let me know please.

Alastair (Northern Jock) hoping to sort a Bar-B-Q out the Friday evening. He's good at them as those that went to Portsoy will agree :D

The Strontian Hotel nearby is run by a GS riding couple, have rooms. they do excellent food and bier, the Guinness is second to none :aidan

Telephone Strontian Hotel on 01967 402 029 for availability and to book. Again, some rooms had been taken before we got this far.

We hope to have a buffet there the Saturday evening.

All work in progress :thumby:

The change might not suit some folk, it will suit others .... we can't suit all of the people all of the time :blast

More anon

Micky
:beerjug:

Attendees

Hard standing + electric

Micky & Chocky
Nick.ct
Stevi + 1
Mitch Taylor
F. Jackson

Hut

1) Gerard Watts

2) Taps

Canvas

Boatman
wilbjr21
Posh Pete
mspenz & Maureen
g.s.john
Laughing Gas
Red Skye
Alan Richardson
AndyB and missis

Hotel or B&B

Fatal + 1 in hotel
PeterNI & Lesley in B&B

Yep.:thumb2

Hut for me.

Fatal + 1 in hotel.

Looking forward to it and thanks Micky and Alistair for doing the necessary.:thumb2
See you in May.:beerjug:

It's a grand spot as quite a few folk know.

There are quite a few bnb's in the area and self catering places, Google is your friend.

We'll plan bbq on Friday, by end March we should have an idea of numbers and the same for those that want a feed at the pub on Saturday.

Micky had the inspiration and is making it happen, it'll be a cracking weekend :beerjug:

When i get back, ill start on the hard sell ��

You not home yet Martin :eek:

Taking yer time kid now aint ya .... you ride safe :thumb

Forgot Martin .... you're in at Moffat for the night. Give Clint and Dave my regards ... safe journey tomorrow :thumb

Yep.:thumb2

Hut for me.

Fatal + 1 in hotel.

Looking forward to it and thanks Micky and Alistair for doing the necessary.:thumb2
See you in May.:beerjug:

You don't mess about now d'ya :D

See you here Stu :thumby:

Very nice place to visit and site see from - spent many, many weekends there on a pals organised rallies going back years.

Sadly Micky, you timings don't work for me - I'll be neck deep in the Med off of a Tuscanny beach by the time your on site at Strontian.

You'll max out the numbers in no time I'm sure :thumby:

SteveT

:dragon

Me +1 at hotel Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Will the midgees be out then?

Me +1 at hotel Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Will the midgees be out then?

I've already put you + 1 in;), see above.
...and the little biting feckers only appear from the end of May beginning of June IIRC.:thumb2

Recon looking at ye “ C” treatment dates I should be free for this :thumb2:
So put me in for camping :thumb2

Put me down for camping please Micky :thumb2

Looking forward to seeing the Lancastrians again. :beerjug:

Not all A.C.A.B :D:D:D:D

Looking good folks :thumby:

I'll start an attendees list later. I'll sort out the camping people with Tim and Elle. Anyone else, huts or electric hardstanding need to book direct :thumb2

Tell them you're UKGSer :thumby:

One tent for me Micky please. Two nights. I'll combine it with a bimble around the Hee-brides. That's if all the ferries are working! :rolleyes:

(Ta for organising. :thumb2)

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

Camping booked, tried the hotel fully booked that W/E, see you all there.

It's a grand spot as quite a few folk know.

There are quite a few bnb's in the area and self catering places, Google is your friend.

We'll plan bbq on Friday, by end March we should have an idea of numbers and the same for those that want a feed at the pub on Saturday.

Micky had the inspiration and is making it happen, it'll be a cracking weekend :beerjug:
The Ariundle Centre is a 20 minute walk away. Superior hostel type accomodation. It gets a good rep so book early.

Sent from 2022. Just.

Camping booked, tried the hotel fully booked that W/E, see you all there.

I got back very late last night after a 14 drive from south Wales (M74 closed at Abington and it took me over 2 hours to cover what would have been a 4 mile distance) and the Strontian hotel is already fully booked!!!!

I'll move to plan B now.

Back
Top Bottom