Border crossing + insurance

chrismckay

Reaction score
Can some of you guys give me some information on gaining insurance at Turkey border crossings.
I will be crossing in from Greece this June and I have no idea what to expect in the way of obtaining insurance.
Do all border crossings in Turkey offer the facility to purchase insurance?

Chris 😁

have you asked your current insurer if they will issue a Green Card for Turkey?

Some insurers cover ‘European Turkey’ - or even the whole country - automatically or will make it available via a green card. Check with your own insurer first. That is what most (possibly all) of us did when went on the Turkey Trot.

For the most up-to-date information, try the Hubb forum.

Last edited:
Some insurers cover ‘European Turkey’ - or even the whole country - automatically or will make it available via a green card. Check with your own insurer first. That is what most (possibly all) of us did when went on the Turkey Trot.

For the most up-to-date information, try the Hubb forum.

Cheers, I didnt even that that was an option.....will give them a call......:thumb

Jockser and I bought insurance at the main Bulgarian Turkish border crossing near Edirne for around about €30 for a months cover if memory serves. Thankfully neither of us needed to discover the range and depth of the cover purchased but it was enough to pass any police scrutiny.
That was eight years ago though and things may well have changed.
HTH

Jockser and I bought insurance at the main Bulgarian Turkish border crossing near Edirne for around about €30 for a months cover if memory serves. Thankfully neither of us needed to discover the range and depth of the cover purchased but it was enough to pass any police scrutiny.
That was eight years ago though and things may well have changed.
HTH

Yes you can buy 3rd party insurance at the border crossing. Very easy to achieve. In Turkish it is "yeşil sigorta".

I had Green card from Bemoto.i just rang up and asked for it....although it was white paper...
Asked for it at the border at Erdine,and also in the country when stopped by the numerous police roadside checks...
There very friendly,10 minute stop at most..or just say Passport and get a wave too ride on...

Thanks for the information, Im entering at Ispala border gate...:thumb2

Be prepared to queue. Don’t know if it’s still busy, but it used to be mad in the 80’s. Short tempered truckers fighting all over the place. Aaah, happy days.

Back
Top Bottom