ABBA BIKE LIFT

Apologies for the delay but the ABBA stand with a bike on has been wedged in the garage covered in stuff, awaiting the fitting of solar panels, with all the electrics going in the garage.

The castors were obtained from
Atlas Handling (UK) Ltd
The Castor Centre
Palmers Road
Redditch
B98 0RF

Castor Details
4 x 80mm Medium Duty M12 Bolt Hole Braked castor - 100kg capacity - W80DRBH12PNOSWB

I also separately ordered 4 x 32mm long M12 bushes and some washers, to enable 360 degree rotation, as not all the originals did that. The slope on the castors to the brake operator, helps them clear the stand frame.

Paul
Many thanks for the pics & other information. Does the skylift still remain stable due to the increased height with the spacers? TIA.

Many thanks for the pics & other information. Does the skylift still remain stable due to the increased height with the spacers? TIA.

Yes it’s very stable. The benefit is the replacement castors are of better build quality, and the increased wheel size means the slightly uneven floor doesn’t affect the wheel rotation as it did with the original wheels. That makes moving the bike far easier. As the above info shows, each castor is designed to take 100kg, giving total capability of. 400kg, so easily handles the weight of a GS or GSA.

Yes it’s very stable. The benefit is the replacement castors are of better build quality, and the increased wheel size means the slightly uneven floor doesn’t affect the wheel rotation as it did with the original wheels. That makes moving the bike far easier. As the above info shows, each castor is designed to take 100kg, giving total capability of. 400kg, so easily handles the weight of a GS or GSA.

Hi, what length/type of bolts did you go for due to the spacers? Due to an uneven garage floor this is something I’m keen to install on my stand. Thanks.

Bought on EBay from bolt-world.

M12 / 12mm SOCKET ALLEN CAP HEAD HEX HEXAGON SCREWS BOLTS STAINLESS STEEL A2.
Length 75mm
M12 / 1.75mm pitch ⋅

Back
Top Bottom