Streetbob FXBB passenger footpeg relocation advice needed

tis eye

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I want to put some passenger footpegs on to take er indoors for a trundle.... however, on the exhaust side there is what appears to be a relocation plate used with the Bassani Sweeper pipes, i have found a bike online with pegs attached using that plate (pic attached with the Bassani sweeper pipes) but it's the other side i am having an issue with as i don't know what i need to relocate that peg - anyone have Bassani sweeper with pegs that can offer advice.. Cheers:beerjug:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 14.29.22.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 14.29.22.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_5358.jpg
    IMG_5358.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_5359.jpg
    IMG_5359.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 118
needless to say the images have gone sideways as usual... :nenau

The foot peg fits through the hole below the swing arm nut, it’s blocked with a Christmas tree plug…

But I assume you are saying that the pegs are now at different heights? I’d have thought the Bassani bracket, whilst off set should still have the same height as the left side??

You have a cut out in the peg bracket that interconnects with the swing arm boss to stop rotation.

Attachments

• FFF2CC8E-52B1-4FDA-AB11-040CF01C8CB9.jpeg
    FFF2CC8E-52B1-4FDA-AB11-040CF01C8CB9.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 107
But I assume you are saying that the pegs are now at different heights? I’d have thought the Bassani bracket, whilst off set should still have the same height as the left side??

cheers for the reply and pic :beerjug:

Thats the issue - on my second pic you can see that the Bassini bracket for the pipes sets the footpeg above centre and to the side of the swingarm nut - but as shown on your pic on the other side is still below the swingarm nut so they will be at different heights as well as the left peg slightly further forward - the other side is roughly where the red dot is. Having read more on the Bassani sweeper pipe fitting with footpegs i think the only way is to leave them odd or have a bracket made to even them up.... it's not very well thought out :blast

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 18.34.10.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 18.34.10.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 109
I’ve spent an hour researching this issue - you are not alone - loads of posts ref Bassani and the foot peg issue - reckon your only option is to get an off set bracket fabricated - I’ve found brackets for V&H and others but nothing for Bassani - one option is a call into AR Harley - Bassani dealer in the north of England - they are quite switched on and will know of any options

Did you get sorted?

not yet... i had decided to get a set of pegs and locate in the hole that is higher up and see how that works first and was all set to go.... however the brakes seized on the car so i had to prioritise getting that done... so early Feb is the planned slot. Brakes seized on Sunday so i had the joy of getting the 650GS out for work at -6 degrees!! on Monday morning.... interesting few days on the bike thats for sure, 25 miles to work and some right knobs on the road who just can't drive in winter! - car sorted today £700 lighter in the wallet...

Back
Top Bottom