Garmin Zumo XT Honda Goldwing Tour DCT

k1300sporscheeater

Reaction score
Hi Gents .
Wondering if anyone here has successfully mounted and wired in a Zumo XT /Nav V onto a Goldwing Tour DCT.
Looking for a quick install hopefully as don’t want to go deep taking apart a new bike .
I’m aware of Cruisemans Garage Tutorial.
Any help / advice gratefully appreciated.
Many Thanks, Neil

Don’t be too hasty. There’s an update for the built in satnav coming out January 2023.

Thank goodness for that .
The 2022 version is absolutely dreadful.

Useless is the word I’d use. Apparently Honda fell out with the software supplier a few years ago. There’s now a new supplier in place………but I’m not holding my breath, there’s an awful lot to put right.
You know you can use CarPlay/android for navigation don’t you ?

Hi Steve .
Yes I do. But due to my age and type of work I have less than zero tech skills .
However I’ve done over 12 years on Nav IV’s, V’s, VI’s.
I love them, find them easy to use and I get on really well with them and have hundreds of stored locations all over Europe.
New DCT arriving March 2023. Was hoping to mount and install either a Nav V or failing that a Zumo XT.
Preferably a Nav V. I’d be very happy with that .
Thanks for any advice. Neil

It’ll take a bit of thinking about with it being a complicated bike, but once you’ve got it sorted it’s a fantastic bit of kit. Pm me if you need help with anything.

Hi Gents .
Wondering if anyone here has successfully mounted and wired in a Zumo XT /Nav V onto a Goldwing Tour DCT.
Looking for a quick install hopefully as don’t want to go deep taking apart a new bike .
I’m aware of Cruisemans Garage Tutorial.
Any help / advice gratefully appreciated.
Many Thanks, Neil

Yes, I’ve installed one on my 2021 Tour DCT.

There are a number of YouTube videos about doing it - I think the one I followed was by “Cruisemans Garage”.

Basically, you remove the left grip plastic cover and replace it with a specific ram mount - you route the Zumo wires down the internal channel of the left handlebar - and you fish the power line down the riders left side and connect it to the accessory points in the Goldwing’s fuse box (I think there are 2 points which you can use - I use one for the Zumo and one for the phone mount power).

I’m away at the moment but if you message me next week, it’ll remind me and I can send you the links to what I’ve described above

Here is a semi sh1t photo of the final setup

d162132768c1e0aad953621fe71bdd9a.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nvzNSSvNbmk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have moved this post and thread.

It’s a good tip the fellow mentions about using a 36” cable tie to fish the wires along.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nvzNSSvNbmk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have moved this post and thread.

It’s a good tip the fellow mentions about using a 36” cable tie to fish the wires along.

That’s very true - I’ve got a long one (and a long cable tie) and used it to fish the wires through

That’s very true - I’ve got a long one (and a long cable tie) and used it to fish the wires through

Modesty, is your middle name :D

It’s a lot better than my stretched out coat hanger method.

Back
Top Bottom