Side stand switch removal

Wardy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi gents got another little niggle, has anyone removed the side stand switch? And how did you go about it? Only asking as I'm not brill with electrics. Cheers in advance.

Yep, first thing to go! Unplug the switch, it is about 6" up the frame tube above the side stand. Then you can either make a bridge joint in the terminals of the socket - or do as I did and cut the whole plug bit off, with enough tail of cable left sticking out to be able to put it back if you ever wanted to for some reason, then join the two wires and cover in shrink wrap with a bit sticking over that you can fold back down and then shrink wrpa again, to protect the wires from corossion. Put the cut off block and switch back together and store in your spares box with a label on it. :beerjug:

Cheers KR, haven't looked at it yet but if it's just soldering the two wires together and some shrink wrap then brill, I'm capable of that. Cheers.

KR just had a look and ive three wires, red, white, and brown. I can see someone saying cut the blue, no the green, lol.

KR just had a look and ive three wires, red, white, and brown. I can see someone saying cut the blue, no the green, lol.

It was 6 years ago..... I can't remember detail like that! Isn't there a step-by-step on here if you go back through?

Pic attached

Attachments

• IMG_20230104_143550.jpg
    IMG_20230104_143550.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 43
Cheers Gareth all sorted now, many thanks

Back
Top Bottom