What’s it worth …help please

Bubb

Dogsbody
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know someone with a R90s for sale….local ish to me.

What I do know about it:
It’s a 1976 model, 4 owners I believe.
80k miles, but rebuilt.
Lester mag wheels.
New tyres, all running, fluids changed, good condition from the pictures I’ve seen.

The problem…. Non original paint (it’s blue and silver)

I was thinking it’s worth somewhere in the £10,000 region, but will bow to the more knowledgeable airheads on here.
Will try to get some pictures to post up.

Thanks for any positive comments.

Hi Bubb,sorry can't help with the valuation but I would guess £10k plus.

Mainly replying because a good friend of mine had an R90S with Lester mag wheels back in the 70's in Cambridge and we've been keeping an eye out for it for several years so wonder if this was his.

If I remember correctly it also had a drilled airbox and several small parts were chromed.If you can send me any pictures or even the registration I would really appreciate it,PM on here would be just fine,many thanks

Kimbo

With blue and silver that has really taken the value off, I wouldn't put it above £8500. A good respray to one of the original colours is going to be in the region of £3000, and it is one of the bikes that needs to be in original paint to maintain its value.

I think there’s a r90 fore sale in colwyn bay mc , I think that’s going for 10,000 so 10 g for a private might be a bit high .

I'd say it needs the factory spoked wheels as well as the paint.

Lester wheels….. hope you enjoy fitting new wheel bearings regularly.

I'd say it needs the factory spoked wheels as well as the paint.

Agreed, I think anyone looking for an R90s will be looking for originality. The wheels could possibly be considered a period upgrade, but the paint will definitely take a chunk off the price.

Unfortunately for your mate, accurately reproducing the silver fade of the original paintwork is notoriously difficult to achieve.

Think he sold it on eBay……

Will contact him to see if it went

Back
Top Bottom