F900XR

I think the situation has been resolved in that the hours quoted were incorrect and the price quoted included the crash bungs but it’s still the same overall cost because they charge over £100/hr for labour.

She’s getting them to fit the Scottoiler then she’ll either fit the rack, pannier frames (I was always doing that part) and crash bungs or I’ll do them when I get back from Europe. I think she’s going to get them to route the satnav cable under the tank when they connect up the power supply to the Scottoiler but I’ll stick a Ram Mount of some description wherever she decides she want it.

I’ve had the XR now for about a year. I chose it over the 850GS as I have a dodgy back and wanted to be able to flat-foot it for stability purposes. I’ve had 2 800GSs and a part share in a 1200GS in the past and really liked them, so that’s what I would compare it against.

I’ve found the XR to be relatively light and very well balanced when cornering and at low speed. It’s slightly quicker than the 800s were, although not earth-shattering, it’s plenty fast enough for real-world purposes. It’s been reliable so far and I get about 70 mpg even in dynamic mode. As usual with these engines it hasn’t used any oil.

The only quibbles I have with it are that the pegs are higher and further back than the GSs and even with lowered pegs it’s a bit cramped (I have the low seat on) I’m not particularly tall at 5’ 7’’. Probably wouldn’t be an issue with a higher seat. I’ve moved the satnav from the centre of the bars to above the TFT screen as it was distracting having to look down, rather than having it in my eyeline. I also replaced the short sports screen it came with for something slightly taller.

Overall I’m pleased with it and it does what I need it to do (which is more than can be said for the Navigator VI I bought, but that’s another story…)

Attachments

• B635C34D-D430-4E16-BC62-6623BA8BC641.jpg
    B635C34D-D430-4E16-BC62-6623BA8BC641.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 69
I’ll pass the info on so thanks for that.

She had a sit on an 850GS and found it heavy plus wanted to be able to get both feet on the floor which with the factory lowered XR she can do easily. The issue is that she had the muscle removed from behind her left shoulder just over 12 months ago and it made getting bikes up and off the side stand harder than before so if a bike feels heavy in the shop it’ll feel a lot worse once it’s got hard panniers and a top box full of two weeks worth of clutter fitted.

Ive moved the TFT screen as I t was distracting having to look down, rather than having it in my eyeline. I also replaced the short sports screen it came with for something slightly taller.
Hi Magnet.

how did you do this. Andy turned mine the other way up so I could see over the tank bag but I assume you moved it completely with a different mount? Would also like recommendatio for the screen as I found it gave me neck ache.

Thanks in advance!

Adie
(also known as AndyBs other half but don’t hold that against me!)

Hi Magnet.

how did you do this. Andy turned mine the other way up so I could see over the tank bag but I assume you moved it completely with a different mount? Would also like recommendatio for the screen as I found it gave me neck ache.

Thanks in advance!

Adie

oh hello

as for the screen, I fitted a Puig clip on Visor/Spoiler to my Tracer and now have it on the R1200RS. Multi adjustable and improved both bikes.

I have the 6319 but the 6320 is recommend for the F900XR https://puig.tv/en/bybike/bmw_f900xr_2022

Hi Magnet.

Thanks in advance!

Adie
I have an MRA screen on my XR and it's visor up at 85mph for me at 5'7"

12 hours to fit a luggage rack to a motorcycle ?

By a professional motorcycle mechanic ??

Is the fitter wearing boxing gloves as PPE ???

not coming away from your post OP ,I took my Honda ADV for a service the other week in Blackpool ,they gave me an itemised invoice showing the breakdown of parts labour times etc. Their hourly rate is £80 and hour. the item that caught my eye was the oil. They charged a 15 minute, oil collection, when I asked what this was, " oh that's to go into the workshop , pick the oil up off the shelf and take it back to the bike " WTF !!!!

So Bowkers are not alone on robbing customers , seems they are all at it

Back
Top Bottom