Cheap Hotel Chain in Italy?

Bigcats

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Evening Guys and gals

I'm looking to travel over to Bosnia later this year and have decided to do a route through France to Italy down to Ancona and catch the ferry to Split (doing it this way as want to retrace the route I travelled when stationed over there back in 1995)

I will be starting out from Ouistreham (ferry) and obviously travelling through France and using the HotelF1/B&B Hotel type hotels (cheap and easy and have used them loads of times before on bike trips).

I just wanted to ask if there is any similar hotel chains like HotelF1/B&B Hotel in Italy?? ie cheap and cheerful and can be booked via an app would be ideal? Hoping to go end of Aug/Sept.

Thanks in advance

PS Also happy to hear of any other alternatives for accommodation but I am very UNLIKEY to camp (my body does not handle that anymore :nono)

Just use booking.com, that’s what I use all over Europe.

B&B have 59 hotels on Italy https://www.hotel-bb.com/en/italy/hotels-italy
I did a random date in Pescara for June 48 euro, Aug 58 euro

You can get cheaper on one of the booking sites like hotels.com - my current favourite for prebooking due to their rewards scheme. For booking on the day I would compare prices on booking.com as well.

B&B have 59 hotels on Italy https://www.hotel-bb.com/en/italy/hotels-italy
I did a random date in Pescara for June 48 euro, Aug 58 euro

You can get cheaper on one of the booking sites like hotels.com - my current favourite for prebooking due to their rewards scheme. For booking on the day I would compare prices on booking.com as well.

Brilliant thank you

oh, and google maps is pretty good - you can be outside a hotel that looks promising, bring up google maps and it will tell you which booking site is offering the best price and maybe the direct rate as well if they have their own website. You can then wander in and see if they will negotiate as the commissions to the booking sites can be high. You might just end up with a free breakfast but better than paying for it!

Booking.com

I’m annoyed that there is no Ibis in Italy (at least not as many as in France).

Agriturismo is a different formula than a classic hotel, but you’ll get cosier places and overall better stay/food if you have the time to book.

Weirdly I use booking.com in the UK all the time but never thought of using it abroad....how daft of me so I shall have a look

Many Thanks

The nicest hotel we found in Italy was on booking.com
It’s a gamble like any of the hotel websites. Never had a really bad one though.

Typical and I can be flexible so I can adjust if needs be to get cheaper rates. I do intend to stay away from popular areas though as my mission is to get to Bosnia

You'll find a place.
I travel back home most Augusts and booked hotels at the very last minute with Booking.com alongside the motorway for an overnight stop. Never a big issue, especially off the beaten track.

The only place, so far, where I ended up sleeping on someone's floor because I couldn't find an Hotel within a 300km radius was 15th of August in South of France (Cassis/Nice) several years ago :D

I would avoid Aibnb if you are in a "transfer" phase of your travels to Bosnia, as Aibnb is great for a lot of things, but not so great for checkin flexibility. That's where you want a proper Hotel with a reception. :)

Try AirBnB

I feel like that needs more planning where I have found the cheap motorway type hotels like B&B Hotels and Hotels F1 can be booked and paid for without booking in advance. B&B Hotel even allow you to get access to your room without a key (they email you a code) so it doesn't matter if its late at night etc.

Plus the fees can be eye watering

Just wing it!

I managed to do that in France every time (hence why I like B&B Hotel chain as they make it so easy for last minute) I've gone over but just wanted to get a feel as never stayed in italy before and I like listening to others experience.

I managed to do that in France every time (hence why I like B&B Hotel chain as they make it so easy for last minute) I've gone over but just wanted to get a feel as never stayed in italy before and I like listening to others experience.

I've just looked at their website and they have 59 hotels in Italy.

Back
Top Bottom