Bosnia Entry Expectations

Bigcats

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Evening All

SO I have an intention to visit Bosnia and more specifically the places I was stationed during the conflict in 95. I have not been back there since then, so I am sure many things have changed and I want to get some idea of what to expect at the border between Croatia and Bosnia.

At this moment my plan is to catch the ferry from Ancona to Split then (as suggested by google maps) cross the border near Kamensko (there is another crossing quite close near Arzano also).

SO a few questions!

Now I know that very recently (well yesterday) Croatia has joined the Schengen so now I shouldn't have any issue when arriving in Croatia.....or am I wrong?:confused:

Can I get insurance before arriving in Bosnia (my insurance is with Carol Nash) or only buy it at the border?

I am assuming getting back into Croatia will be like travelling to France from the UK?

If I have to reroute due to whatever I shouldn't have to worry about Slovenia now that Croatia is in the Schengen?

I know not all questions can be answered as its so new for Croatia but you never know.

Thanks in advance

Just for clarity I am British and only hold a British passport.

Reactions: pan
Just to add the main port of call in Bosnia will be a small place called Zepce which is NE of Zenica

Have you asked Carol Nash for Green card...?
I traveled that way this year but can't remember the crossing though...just passport I think and in I went

In June I went between Croatia and Bosnia, and back again and at very border post they stamped my passport, and at most they wanted to see the V5C. Croatian ones from Slovenia were the same, so maybe less passport stamping now that Croatia is in the Schengen area.

My insurers, LV at the time, gave me a Green card for Bosnia and Montenegro.

Same as above for me last year, get a green card (paper) from your Insurer.

Have you asked Carol Nash for Green card...?
I traveled that way this year but can't remember the crossing though...just passport I think and in I went

Not yet as I wanted to see if despite people getting a green card once you got to the border they still wanted you to 'buy' insurance.

Not yet as I wanted to see if despite people getting a green card once you got to the border they still wanted you to 'buy' insurance.

Was only required to produced passport, no vehicle docs examined.

In June I went between Croatia and Bosnia, and back again and at very border post they stamped my passport, and at most they wanted to see the V5C. Croatian ones from Slovenia were the same, so maybe less passport stamping now that Croatia is in the Schengen area.

My insurers, LV at the time, gave me a Green card for Bosnia and Montenegro.

Same here last June - no problems apart from me only having a V5C photocopy with me but they still let me in (North Montenegro didn't however!)
My insurer includes Bosnia (and Serbia) so I didn't even need a green (white bit of paper) card.

Same here last June - no problems apart from me only having a V5C photocopy with me but they still let me in (North Montenegro didn't however!)
My insurer includes Bosnia (and Serbia) so I didn't even need a green (white bit of paper) card.

I was always told to only show a copy of the V5 (I use works very posh colour printer) and keep the original with you but try and not show it as a just in case.

But I have yet been asked for it, however I am not that well travelled on my bike to the further countries.

Bosnia/Croatia and Serbia when I was last there was as corrupt as you would expect during a war, so never held it against anyone. Plus I had a rifle which helps to not be ripped off lol.

I was always told to only show a copy of the V5 (I use works very posh colour printer) and keep the original with you but try and not show it as a just in case.

But I have yet been asked for it, however I am not that well travelled on my bike to the further countries.

Bosnia/Croatia and Serbia when I was last there was as corrupt as you would expect during a war, so never held it against anyone. Plus I had a rifle which helps to not be ripped off lol.

Getting into Bulgaria was the most difficult I managed to get into; Romania was a breeze by comparison.
One customs woman at the Bulgarian border accused me of, possibly, forging money too! If I was then I'd be crap at it as she knew my V5C was a copy (good as it was the same quality as your one).
I'd been through Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Czechia, Poland before and nobody ever asked to see my V5C - this year was the first time!

Getting into Bulgaria was the most difficult I managed to get into; Romania was a breeze by comparison.
One customs woman at the Bulgarian border accused me of, possibly, forging money too! If I was then I'd be crap at it as she knew my V5C was a copy (good as it was the same quality as your one).
I'd been through Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Czechia, Poland before and nobody ever asked to see my V5C - this year was the first time!

Maybe she just wanted you to stay at her pleasure!

Back
Top Bottom