power take off for 1200GS 2012 plate

niccapotamus

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

I thought there was a spare socket/plug by the forks but I'm buggered if I can see it. Is it me

can anyone point me to where it's hidden please?

Otherwise I'll have to wire straight off the battery as I'm an electricalnumpty

ta

Unless someone has moved it, the socket for powering nav etc should be with the wiring at the bracket which supports the fairing, vertical strut behind but a bit lower than the headlight.

This You Tube video shows it on the RT of the era but is in a similar location to that on the GS.

The guy shows it's location at the 4 minute mark, as a socket wrapped in the cloth around other wiring, but I have always found it to be outside the tape on the GS.

https://youtu.be/yvOj9dS97TQ

Good luck

IIRC it’s a proprietary electrical plug mostly buried in the loom under or near the bottom yoke. You really need a pre-made cable to plug into it or cut the connector off and make your own cable. Nippy Normans is the place to get the pre-made ones. £15ish again IIRC. This will get you about 30cm with bare ends to attach to whatever connectors you need. It’ll be rated for a light electrical load so no heated jackets and stuff. Sat navs and phone chargers are ok.

Back
Top Bottom