Sena SRL Mesh Versus Sena SRL2

Spotcheck Billy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a Sheoi Neotec 2 with integrated comms and have read a fair bit about the Sena SRL Mesh and SRL2. My main concern (apart from the ludicrous price) is the battery life of the SRL Mesh. The specs suggest up to 8 hours which isn't really that long on a bike day. (I've read on some of the ukgser forums you only get 5 hours). The specs on the SRL 2 suggest up to 10 hours. I had an old Sena 20s and it lasted a good 12 hours.
I'd appreciate any comments on actual experience with the SRL Mesh and SRL2 in regards to talk time. It seems the SRL Mesh appears to have better quality overall sound and voice control over the SRL2 but if it's only lasting 5-8 hours, I'm think I might be better with the SRL2.
Thanks

A little outside of the remit of your question, but I use a Sena 50s.

The Mesh is great, battery life whilst using Mesh not so great, certainly not a full day of riding. I somewhat solved the problem by either charging the intercom whilst riding, or using a powerbank and charging it during refreshment stops. It charges quickly so this is not the nuisance it may seem. A pal of mine uses the Sena +Mesh adaptor - it works very well and the battery life seems better than on my 50s

My opinion, for what its worth, is that the improvement in comms quality and functionality which comes with Mesh justifies the slight inconvenience

I'm looking to buy a Sheoi Neotec 2 with integrated comms and have read a fair bit about the Sena SRL Mesh and SRL2. My main concern (apart from the ludicrous price) is the battery life of the SRL Mesh. The specs suggest up to 8 hours which isn't really that long on a bike day. (I've read on some of the ukgser forums you only get 5 hours). The specs on the SRL 2 suggest up to 10 hours. I had an old Sena 20s and it lasted a good 12 hours.
I'd appreciate any comments on actual experience with the SRL Mesh and SRL2 in regards to talk time. It seems the SRL Mesh appears to have better quality overall sound and voice control over the SRL2 but if it's only lasting 5-8 hours, I'm think I might be better with the SRL2.
Thanks

Have you thought about getting the Sena helmet ?. Everything built in ready to go.

A little outside of the remit of your question, but I use a Sena 50s.

The Mesh is great, battery life whilst using Mesh not so great, certainly not a full day of riding. I somewhat solved the problem by either charging the intercom whilst riding, or using a powerbank and charging it during refreshment stops. It charges quickly so this is not the nuisance it may seem. A pal of mine uses the Sena +Mesh adaptor - it works very well and the battery life seems better than on my 50s

My opinion, for what its worth, is that the improvement in comms quality and functionality which comes with Mesh justifies the slight inconvenience

This is my experience of 50S as well
Mesh is just better but eats battery more

I assume you are intending to "go with the flow" and connect to many people rather than just one or two?
We (the Blessed M and I ) have the SRL2 and don`t talk to others and therefore we have a battery life of up to two riding days - typically recharging both overnight, unless we forget.

Thanks Bem- that's very helpful.
Actually, probably not. Generally, I only connect to 3 or 4 people at a time so the battery life is very important.
You happy with the sound quality for phone/music etc with earplugs in? I might be better off with the SRL2.

The "Extras" are designed and manufactured for the Neotec. You buy it with or without the intercom, However, The parts still remain the same. The Sena helmet is exactly the same.

The "Extras" are designed and manufactured for the Neotec. You buy it with or without the intercom, However, The parts still remain the same. The Sena helmet is exactly the same.

Aah, my understanding is that the sena has it all built in, as a complete unit . but the neotec sena comes system is an optional extra so to speak.

Yes. You can buy the Neotec without the SRL. But the fitting is all built in, meaning, Even if you don't buy the SRL, It will have the Battery Compartment, Control panel etc still there. :thumb

Attachments

• Shoei-Neotec2-title.jpg
    Shoei-Neotec2-title.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 2,201
  • Shoei-Neotec2-title.jpg
    Shoei-Neotec2-title.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 2,203
  • Untitledknvjinvs.jpg
    Untitledknvjinvs.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,222
Yes. You can buy the Neotec without the SRL. But the fitting is all built in, meaning, Even if you don't buy the SRL, It will have the Battery Compartment, Control panel etc still there. :thumb

I’ve just been looking at the Sena and Shoei on the sports bike shop website. Both are a similar price with comms. Makes it a difficult choice.

I've had the neotec 1, and currently the Neotec 2 Splicer. There is not a helmet that comes near for comfort, weather protection and quietness, Is that even a word ?
All that said, I have a Sena 50S fitted !

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 2,182
Agreed. I’ve had 2 neotec 1’s. Both great helmets, as was the multi tech before them. I’m going to try and find out what model seana they are based on.

I dont know the Sena helmet, But the Neotec SRL is a 50 series.

It was, But now 50s, I was unaware of this change too, If Id known, id have bought that. Ill try find some details.

Thanks Bem- that's very helpful.
Actually, probably not. Generally, I only connect to 3 or 4 people at a time so the battery life is very important.
You happy with the sound quality for phone/music etc with earplugs in? I might be better off with the SRL2.

We are now using Neotec 2, alway earpugs. As with any speaker system getting the ear/speaker placement is vital.
Bluetounge to phone is good, builtin radio is a bit variable.

just goes to show you, I was told told it was now a 50s, But looking its still based on the 20s. I was told the SRL2 was upgraded to the 50s...........
It looks like the Sena helmet is based on the 50s/r.......

We are now using Neotec 2, alway earpugs. As with any speaker system getting the ear/speaker placement is vital.
Bluetounge to phone is good, builtin radio is a bit variable.

The built in radio is pants. I always stream a digital radio from my phone.

Back
Top Bottom