Bike Hire - Pyrenees

mgpaulie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A few of us are planning a trip in June this year to ride the Pyrenees. Some of the guys are planning to get Rosslare to Bilbao ferry, spend a week in the Pyrenees and then route home up through France.
However some us have limited holiday time so thinking of flying to Bilbao (or Biarritz), hire a bike and just doing the week in the Pyrenees and fly home again.

Has any one experience or recommendations of Motorbike hire in Bilbao or Biarritz?
Any other suggestions or things to look out for?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Have a look at getting your own bikes transported out there and back.
I recently priced up the rental of a 650 V-Strom for 7 days albeit with a UK company. With European cover it came out at just over £1000.

Have a look at getting your own bikes transported out there and back.
I recently priced up the rental of a 650 V-Strom for 7 days albeit with a UK company. With European cover it came out at just over £1000.

I had thought of this option however with only 2 or 3 bikes needing transported my thoughts were that it would be expensive compared to bike hire. Thanks for the suggestion and will look into it.

Travelbike BMW Motorcycle Rentals Bilbao
https://www.travelbike.eu/alquiler-de-motos-en-espana/

118 euros a day for a 1250 GS

IMTBIKE BMW Motorcycle Tours & Rentals
https://www.imtbike.com/motorcycle-rentals/

115 euros a day for a 1250 GS

Thanks for this. I've done the google search bit and have looked at what you have suggested. I'm more asking for personal experiences with bike hire companies

Alternatively - ship your own bike and fly.

Check www.overlanders.ie - 675 euro Bilbao return in June, perhaps extra charge to collect Belfast.

Or plot your trip in reverse by flying into barcelona and renting from VIVA Motorent who have a wider range of bikes much cheaper then these GS prices, although for comparison their 1200 GS is €117 per day for a six day hire. Although you'd really want a smaller bike for the best roads in the Pyrenees!

Barcelona would offer many more flight options and the rental's premises are almost right next to Sants station in the city, which has a direct lbk by train form the airport.

Back
Top Bottom