V100 first ride.

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bike dropped off at 11am this morning (sorry to see the V85 go, it is a fantastic bike) 30 minutes later I was out.
New tyres and wet roads ,so took it steady...ish.

First surprise was on start up, it sounded and felt very much like a Guzzi, much more throaty than I had expected.
Lovely motor, fuelled perfectly and beautiful grunt from around 3000rpm. Fabulous progressive engine braking. It caught me out a time or two. Shut the throttle and it slows very quickly.

Handling nice and predictable, turns in nicely and sticks to the chosen line. I didn't push it to hard but it felt as though it would be nice at higher speed and greater lean angles.

Being a short arse, 29" inside leg and chunky thighs, it was nice to be able to get both balls of my feet down. I was on my very tiptoes on the V85.

Some wind noise obviously but no buffeting from the screen. I would have liked the bars to be an inch further back but sure that can be overcome. Screen is nice with pertinent information. being a techno numpty it's going to take a while to work out what everything does.
Modes, screen adjust and heated grips all very easy to adjust. Suspension is fairly harsh in road and sport mode but very plush in Tour and rain.
Overall it's a very comfortable bike.
Low tyre pressure warning light remains on for about 2 mins after you set off and the indicator switch feels crap. But then again I loved the V85 switch which a lot of owners disliked.
The front end and radiator were proper blathered by the time I got home. Going to have to do something about that.

Overall I loved it and can't wait to get onto some dry roads. I might have to go out again tomorrow.

It felt a lot like my 1200 SE Griso but much nicer.

Great to know you like it Steve,be interesting to see how you get on with it long term.Still haven't seen one in the flesh but have liked what I've seen in the pictures.

Have fun mate

Kimbo

Forgot to mention the quickshifter. It felt a little antiquated, a bit like the early quickshifters. OK once you get used to it but it does have it's quirks.

Upshift....1st to 2nd..best use the clutch....2nd to 6th..good,so long as you are accelerating at a reasonable pace. It can be snatchy if trying to change on a flat throttle.

Downshift...much better done on a totally closed throttle, needs a firm prod of the lever.

I've got to say, it's not a patch on the system that's employed on the 1290 KTM.

I wouldn't even bother to try and use it round town or in traffic. Once on the open road and you know how to use it, it's pretty good.

Aggie out for a run, breakfast, shower, then I'm off out. I shall report on any other findings.

Nice to hear your view. How roomy is it ? I do like the look but as a 6foot 5 lout I fear it may be small for me ? Will try and see if I can find one to sit on . Enjoy your new bike
:beerjug:

Nice to hear your view. How roomy is it ? I do like the look but as a 6foot 5 lout I fear it may be small for me ? Will try and see if I can find one to sit on . Enjoy your new bike
:beerjug:

Think it might just be a little compact for you Robbo. I'm 5' 9 with short stocky legs aand it fits me perfect.

Congratulations on the new bike...health and wealth to enjoy! :beerjug:

Here we go

Attachments

• C7C869DC-F0E9-469F-9DC2-821281738FE8.jpeg
    C7C869DC-F0E9-469F-9DC2-821281738FE8.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 653
  • 666B1B89-2008-4B7F-91E8-3E10C7FD8450.jpeg
    666B1B89-2008-4B7F-91E8-3E10C7FD8450.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 648
  • 90160B84-9E83-4195-AB4B-B3ACAEDB12D3.jpeg
    90160B84-9E83-4195-AB4B-B3ACAEDB12D3.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 655
  • 38D7355A-2769-4319-A719-67D65BD5F7BA.jpeg
    38D7355A-2769-4319-A719-67D65BD5F7BA.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 649
Looking good Steve, and definitely has that 'Stelvio' style :beerjug:

Now..has anyone opened a book on how long this might stay in Steve's ownership :augie..

Looks very nice in that colour Steve. Garage wants a tidy up though. ;)
Have you got luggage for it ?

Looking good Steve, and definitely has that 'Stelvio' style :beerjug:

Now..has anyone opened a book on how long this might stay in Steve's ownership :augie..

Hoping I've got time to save for the new Stelvio before it's released, then I can keep the mandello.

Looks great, but that front mudguard has to be the shortest I’ve ever seen. That’s gonna need a very long extender.

Back
Top Bottom