Hex ezCAN 2 (heated gear)

Anthony Byrne

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Christ on a bike :aidan

I got the hex ezcan 2 for Christmas and decided to fit it today. Well.........it allows you to control your Keis heated gear (possible others) with the heated grips.

I honestly don't think Ive seen something as cool. Many times has the switch pad for the heated jacket got moved around and id have to pull in to find it.

Its a good day to be alive :bow

Christ on a bike :aidan

I got the hex ezcan 2 for Christmas and decided to fit it today. Well.........it allows you to control your Keis heated gear (possible others) with the heated grips.

I honestly don't think Ive seen something as cool. Many times has the switch pad for the heated jacket got moved around and id have to pull in to find it.

Its a good day to be alive :bow

How does it work if you have gloves as well, does it mean the gloves and jacket have to be the same setting? Also my gloves have separate heat controls on the cuff, so the only way the Hexez can be working is by reducing the current flow to the jacket, so can't see how it will work with multiple heated gear with individual controllers. My jacket controller reduces the current to control heat, so does the Hex alter the settings on the controller, or do you now have to have a direct connection, taking the controller out of the circuit? Sorry for all the questions, just can't see how it works with a controller in line and multiple gear :)

For the jacket you remove the inline remote and replace with the small wire that would have come on the jacket when bought. Basically removes the remote. Then you take the power wire from the jacket and run it to an ezCAN extension. Now you are wired direct to the hex device for power. In the hex app when I knock on my grips to power setting one I get 40% heated then power setting two I went for 50% heated etc etc. Its adjustable on the app.

Ive not tried two heated garments but Ill give it a go over the coming days.

I wonder is there a way to take the switch out of the gloves etc, In theory you could remove the switch and do a wee bit of soldering to allow the gloves to be always on (if that makes sense).

I love the sound of it and very nearly bought the newer ezcan but also wondered if the grips could be independent of the jacket? Also, do you have the 2 stage grips or the 5 stage and would that make any difference? The old keis clothing had a remote that I had on the bars. The newer stuff doesnt offer this and the old unit is incompatible. I ended up running extensions up under the tank. It means a couple of more leads to plug in but is much safer. Keen to find an easier solution though

Attachments

• IMG_8179.jpg
    IMG_8179.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 134
i have the 5 stage but it works with 2 stage as well. Or rather it says if you don’t have 5 stages just adjust to as many as you have.

yes you could run it independent of the grips, it gives a long winded way of doing it , pic below with the details-basically set them up using a separate circuit on the hexcan

Attachments

• C9E961EA-48AF-4EDA-A979-40F7C2E8E8FC.jpeg
    C9E961EA-48AF-4EDA-A979-40F7C2E8E8FC.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 133
Bugger. I have my six lights on there so probably not work. Thanks for the reply though

Does anyone have a pic of a 1250 with the ezcan installed. Its a tight squeeze and wondering did you mount it or leave it free. I don't have have a pillion seat and have a rack instead so looks to be loads of room.

Maybe im missing an obvious place:comfort

Attachments

• 2D4B418A-F5FE-4A8E-BF13-CB23DAA453B6.jpeg
    2D4B418A-F5FE-4A8E-BF13-CB23DAA453B6.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 95212291-345C-4C71-9710-41F8ED4E712A.jpeg
    95212291-345C-4C71-9710-41F8ED4E712A.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 84
  • E1159BC3-6024-4E02-B870-6384EF9DF46F.jpeg
    E1159BC3-6024-4E02-B870-6384EF9DF46F.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 81
I just tucked mine down to the left of your last picture. Also have a box in there for my front and rear cameras so plenty of room

Back
Top Bottom