Hex Ezcan functionality on a GSA TC

RallyeGS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having upgraded from a 2022 R1250 GSA to a 2012 R1200 GSA, I am looking to fit additional riding lights at the front and the rear of the bike. I had Denali D4s on the front of my 1250 and red brake LED lights a the rear. Both were 'loomed in' via a Hex Ezcan. I am wondering how the Ezcan functions on the 1200 TC, can brightness be adjusted on the fly for instance in the absence of the wonder wheel, or does it have to be done via a laptop? Any 1200TC owners out there with any experience?

their website would be a good start, and note the unit was replaced by a v2 - I guess reliability and functionality being main drivers

you will not get an air-cooled bike to match the LED set up of later bikes (unless you replace light units / bulbs)

Website is a bit sketchy on detail. Lights already bought to fit the hexhead. Was just wondering how the Ezcan interacts with the canbus on the older bike.

If I remember right the brightness is adjusted via the INFO button on the left hand grip.

I have both TC and GS to which I shall be fitting Ezcan's, tHE RT has a jog wheel but the GS does not, it’s the same model of Ezcan or Cansmart for both, I presume it just knows by interrogating the canbus what signal to expect.

I’ll see what else I can find out.

Here you go…

Attachments

• BE75FF62-89C0-4662-A7AC-20E60BECACF5.jpg
    BE75FF62-89C0-4662-A7AC-20E60BECACF5.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 16543F47-98FB-48A0-9CDD-001BB16E8C33.jpg
    16543F47-98FB-48A0-9CDD-001BB16E8C33.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 177
That’s brilliant Rich, thanks. Not sure why I couldn’t track it down!

I've changed my R1250RS for a 2012 GS twin cam - I realise there is a different cansmart listed for the TC vs the one I had on my LC - presumably there's no chance of wiring in my existing LC cansmart to the twin-cam ?
Just trying to avoid the extra £250 spend !

Probably not, but either email them and ask, or give it a try

I bought a Hexhead EZCAN from Nippys and fitted last week - got a bit of a flicker on the D4s especially when turned down to 20%, better when turned up a bit.
I noticed also that, unlike the LC Cansmart, there needs to be a separate wire from the EZCAN to the horn circuit - so assume the CANBUS does not detect the horn button.
Fitted a pair of FIAMM horns under the beak - there's not really enough space to fit a Soundbomb airhorn (although maybe it could be shoehorned in) but the FIAMMs are plenty loud.

I would suggest the Dial Dim would also be a great option, I put one on my V85TT and very pleased...

I left my LC ezcan on my LC when i sold it, and bought a gen 2 unit for my TC hexhead,

It comes with the horn wire, and its P&P

OK i had to pay £250 odd but hey ho

Back
Top Bottom