Slightly different tack on the V85 muguard

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Would anyone with a V85tt be kind enough to take a couple of measurements for me.
I would like to know the distance between the centres of the front caliper bolts.

The distance going through the wheel between the centres of the two top caliper bolts.

The distance going around the tyre between the two top caliper bolts.

Many thanks in advance.

Steve.

Hi Steve
Distances measured centre to centre for front brake caliper bolts:
Upper to lower caliper bolts = 100mm
The distance going through the wheel between the centres of the two top caliper bolts = 200mm

As for the last measurement, not sure if this is what you want but here goes.
The distance going around the tyre between the two top caliper bolts - lines taken along the shaft of the bolts extended to tyre and marks made on the rubber. Measurements taken using these as reference, but will depend on the arc you take, touching the tyre this is 420mm as a baseline to allow calcuations for the clearance around the tyre for the finished item.

Hope that helps, let us know how you get on.

Hi Steve
The distance going through the wheel between the centres of the two top caliper bolts = 200mm

The distance going around the tyre between the two top caliper bolts - lines taken along the shaft of the bolts extended to tyre and marks made on the rubber. Measurements taken using these as reference, but will depend on the arc you take, touching the tyre this is 420mm as a baseline to allow calcuations for the clearance around the tyre for the finished item.

Many thanks.

Hi Steve

I've been out and compared the measurements which are spot on. The only real difference is the caliper to caliper distance around the tyre, but seeing as the V100 has a smaller front wheel than the V85 I knew this would be different. Looking at the pictures of the Pyramid guard I feel confident that the spacers can be adapted.
I'm going to send for one and will report back.

GSite Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to send me the measurements.

Sent for the V85 mudguard and it fits the V100. There was a fairly big space between the guard and the tyre, but being a smaller wheel on the V100 there would be. It took me about 10mins to adapt and make it fit 17mm closer to the tyre. Not the best looking thing in the world but might keep a substantial amount of crud off the radiator.

Back
Top Bottom