POI recommendations for trip

So route is now this

We have ended up getting the P&O ferry and now booked from Hull

Depart: Thu 27 Jul 2023 at 20:30
Arrive: Fri 28 Jul 2023 at 08:30

cost of ferry was £473 for 2 of us including breakfast.

There was no ferry Friday night, so we are going 24hrs earlier now, its an extra days holiday now :D
good news is we will arrive refreshed and a full belly, early Friday morning in Holland ready to travel.

to be honest i am glad of the extra day, we can get a fair way into Germany first day now before finding a camp.

Trip went well

Few really great things and a couple of disappointments.

Black forest is shit.
goes to show that you have to be careful who you listen too.
it was made out to be a fantastic place for bikers and plenty of campsites and mini villages with bikers pub crawling and eating black forest gateau!

in truth it was all 30mph limits, hardly any pubs, NO other bikers... didn't see any in 24hrs!
its a place to be avoided.

Eagles nest...
I really wanted to see this and has been on my bucket list for years, its a cafe on a cliff?
not really worth the time.

I could moan about the weather... 11 countries and it rained in 9 :D
packing a wet tent to only put it up later still dripping wet did get depressing.

Good things...
First thing has to be the bike, performed flawless and was a joy to ride.
my camping kit including the anker powerbank i bought to charge my power hungry laptop. (180w)
Holland in General
Grossglockner was amazing
Saltzberg was amazing.... as was their beer halls ;)
Hohenwerfen Castle was a great tour and interesting.
Mohne dam and the surrounding water was fantastic
Mons
Dunkirk
Campsites... much better than the UK
Came back with so many memories and a great experience.
Now planning my next trip ;)

I'd best not visit the Black Forest again. ;) I certainly don't think it's shite.

my camping kit including the anker powerbank i bought to charge my power hungry laptop. (180w)

How did you keep the power bank charged, when camping? I am sure someone will ask.

Black forest is shit.
goes to show that you have to be careful who you listen too.
it was made out to be a fantastic place for bikers and plenty of campsites and mini villages with bikers pub crawling and eating black forest gateau!

in truth it was all 30mph limits, hardly any pubs, NO other bikers... didn't see any in 24hrs!
its a place to be avoided.

Lots here here on UKGSer tell us that they want to have no contact with others on their trips. They’ll welcome your news that the Black Forest is empty. Where did you stay (camping) and pass through that left you entirely free of bikermate like minds?

It is though curious that you found the whole of the Black Forest, limited to 30 mph / 50 kph.

Good things...

Holland in General

Many here, write off Holland in its entirety, as dull, boring and flat. Tell them why they are wrong.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom