Hotel in Troyes

I'm sure others know far better than I, but I just don't see why anyone would want to stay in a city centre hotel rather than one in a nearby village or small town.
Several chain hotels sharing a massive underground parking garage? Nah....not for me ta.

I'm sure others know far better than I, but I just don't see why anyone would want to stay in a city centre hotel rather than one in a nearby village or small town.
Several chain hotels sharing a massive underground parking garage? Nah....not for me ta.

The Kyriad Hotel Centre Troyes has its own underground secure parking, not shared. Secondly Troyes is a fantastic historic town with numerous great restaurants just a short walk away - a perfect place for a stop over when on a leisurely journey to the South of France. Beaune is similar in many ways.

When last I ventured near Troyes we stayed at..
Logis le Tadorne, Piney. Piney is just outside Troyes, a nice quiet village. I'm sure this was as a recommendation from here...JB perhaps?. Nice place , but this was a few years ago now I realise with some horror....

If Troyes isn’t your bag (not a fan of cities myself) then can I recommend a small town of Piney, near Troyes …where the Hotel La Tadorne is situated

https://www.le-tadorne.com/en/

Be sure to ask for & book a rear room, overlooking the charming walled rear courtyard though

Great hotel, superb food and used to be run and owned by a Dakar racer and had his KTM Rally bike on display in the breakfast room

Outdoor pool as well

Edit - Gerard has just also recommended it (whilst typing this post)

Emailed and awaiting for a response. If it's good enough for you lads I'm sure it will be fine.
Thanks

As I recall, it is a bit of a culinary 'destination' for the locals....I'm sure youll like it....I'll try and find th report I did with some more pictures...

As I recall, it is a bit of a culinary 'destination' for the locals....I'm sure youll like it....I'll try and find th report I did with some more pictures...

Evening food used to be excellent and well visited by locals, as you say

Personally, like your good self…I would sooner use something to stop in, with good local food and a decent bar/cellar, when on hols and family run …in preference to a big city as you’re just one of the summer tourist hordes, traipsing around the city streets from place to place, looking for somewhere to eat from a menu board outside, unsure of the quality of the place and then either get disappointed or fed up with traipsing and default to pizza or egg & chips (as Arsey says)

Give me a small town/village with some character every time

City breaks - fly there

When last I ventured near Troyes we stayed at..
Logis le Tadorne, Piney. Piney is just outside Troyes, a nice quiet village. I'm sure this was as a recommendation from here...JB perhaps?. Nice place , but this was a few years ago now I realise with some horror....

If Troyes isn’t your bag (not a fan of cities myself) then can I recommend a small town of Piney, near Troyes …where the Hotel La Tadorne is situated

https://www.le-tadorne.com/en/

Be sure to ask for & book a rear room, overlooking the charming walled rear courtyard though

Great hotel, superb food and used to be run and owned by a Dakar racer and had his KTM Rally bike on display in the breakfast room

Outdoor pool as well

Edit - Gerard has just also recommended it (whilst typing this post)

Personally, like your good self…I would sooner use something to stop in, with good local food and a decent bar/cellar, when on hols and family run …in preference to a big city as you’re just one of the summer tourist hordes, traipsing around the city streets from place to place, looking for somewhere to eat from a menu board outside, unsure of the quality of the place and then either get disappointed or fed up with traipsing and default to pizza or egg & chips (as Arsey says)

City breaks - fly there

Plus there a shops.:yikes

Troyes is hardly a seething metropolis.

It has a smaller population than Bath and about the same size as Hereford. It is half the population of Bruges, a very popular destination on these pages.

Given that many bods on this site worry about:

Safe parking

The hotelier being friendly

Hoteliers and staff speaking nothing but foreign

The availability of cash machines

A pub / bar

A pizza / burger bar / a kebab

A town or city suits them perfectly

It has a smaller population than Bath and about the same size as Hereford. It is half the population of Bruges, a very popular destination on these pages.

Safe parking

A pub / bar

Troyes has all of that and more :)

Safe parking

A pub / bar

Quite right. It would suit many. They are welcome....keeps them out of the way.... Just not me. Or JB it would seem!

Troyes is on my list of places to stay for a few days, either by myself or with my rag tag bunch of geriatrics. We like small or rural places but we also like to stay in historic cities like Reims, Beaune, Blois, Trier, Goslar, Kempten, to name a few we have visited. I have some health conditions and the others are a decade older than me. A day off the bike mid trip is of great value. Sitting in a café watching the world wander by, ambling around a castle or wobbling around cobbled streets can be just the ticket.

Troyes has all of that and more :)

It’s quite a nice small’ish town in the middle, with a light industrial / commercial section tacked on the outside, on the ring road to the airport. That light industrial section has an F1 hotel. It’ll suit many bikermates on this forum.

It’s quite a nice small’ish town in the middle, with a light industrial / commercial section tacked on the outside, on the ring road to the airport. That light industrial section has an F1 hotel. It’ll suit many bikermates on this forum.

It also has prison on the left as you walk from the Kyriad towards the town centre.

And don't forget the Rulles -des-chats

Attachments

• ruelle-des-chats.jpg
    ruelle-des-chats.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 54

City breaks - fly there

Have you two told them I want to go.;) No reply unless they are closed.

Back
Top Bottom