Hotel in Troyes

Rasher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Cut from a parallel post in the Travel section.

Richard

Troyes is a regular favourite of mine, Brit Hotel right in centre near old town - perfect place for a meal and a few beers in the most beautiful city I have ever wandered around - although admitedly I avoid cities on holidays and in the UK they are all pretty fugly.

Stayed there many times.

Great breakfast, secure parking, perfect central location.

Last time we were there it could have done with a little maintenance but that wouldn't have stopped me returning.

I am sure I have stayed there, before it became a Brit hotel. Unusually, my little black book has let me down.

Thanks. I might incorporate that into my trip.

When last I ventured near Troyes we stayed at..
Logis le Tadorne, Piney. Piney is just outside Troyes, a nice quiet village. I'm sure this was as a recommendation from here...JB perhaps?. Nice place , but this was a few years ago now I realise with some horror....

If Troyes isn’t your bag (not a fan of cities myself) then can I recommend a small town of Piney, near Troyes …where the Hotel La Tadorne is situated

https://www.le-tadorne.com/en/

Be sure to ask for & book a rear room, overlooking the charming walled rear courtyard though

Great hotel, superb food and used to be run and owned by a Dakar racer and had his KTM Rally bike on display in the breakfast room

Outdoor pool as well

Edit - Gerard has just also recommended it (whilst typing this post)

If Troyes isn’t your bag (not a fan of cities myself) then can I recommend a small town of Piney, near Troyes …where the Hotel La Tadorne is situated

https://www.le-tadorne.com/en/

Be sure to ask for & book a rear room, overlooking the charming walled rear courtyard though

Great hotel, superb food and used to be run and owned by a Dakar racer and had his KTM Rally bike on display in the breakfast room

Outdoor pool as well

Edit - Gerard has just also recommended it (whilst typing this post)

Thanks lads i will take a look now.

JB What book am i asking for ?

Thanks lads i will take a look now.

JB What book am i asking for ?

Reservation my friend

They have rooms at the front of hotel and rooms at the back, looking over the rear Courtyard where you can breakfast outside in summer

You want a rear facing room

If you stay, you will thank me later for that particular tip

They also have a garage I think and if not you can park your bikes at the back of hotel, in the garden area handstanding and they will be fine

Reservation my friend

They have rooms at the front of hotel and rooms at the back, looking over the rear Courtyard where you can breakfast outside in summer

You want a rear facing room

If you stay, you will thank me later for that particular tip

They also have a garage I think and if not you can park your bikes at the back of hotel, in the garden area handstanding and they will be fine

Boss likes that. How did you book a rear facing room from website ? Or did you ring them.

thanks

Boss likes that. How did you book a rear facing room from website ? Or did you ring them.

thanks

I booked direct by email and asked for a rear facing room that overlook the garden and breakfast courtyard - in summer it’s full of lavender plants and your Boss will like it
Even if you book online you could add it to a subsequent message request in the booking
I found email was fine, if booking months in advance and maybe you will get a better rate as they won’t be paying a commission to a booking agency

I first went there in 1996/7 and have used it many times since, if venturing past that area on my way north or south through France

I booked direct by email and asked for a rear facing room that overlook the garden and breakfast courtyard - in summer it’s full of lavender plants and your Boss will like it
Even if you book online you could add it to a subsequent message request in the booking
I found email was fine, if booking months in advance and maybe you will get a better rate as they won’t be paying a commission to a booking agency

I first went there in 1996/7 and have used it many times since, if venturing past that area on my way north or south through France

Thanks again.
We are stopping near there on our way down to Riders Rest then up to Saumur. But if Jayne wants to go back over there i dont mind.
As long as i can get a beer i am happy.

There’s a shedload of hotels in or around Troyes.

652c7ceeb275d8a24dea6eaebcbb8231.png

Tap on a few to find one (or more) that you like the look of. It’s a decent alternative to just staying where another bod has stayed. Then, if it’s good (or really bad) or plain simple OK, put it into the Accommodation section.

You’ve found the Logis site; try that, too.

Yes but if its bad i get in trouble and will never here the end of it.;) If its good i might be able to have three beers.

There’s a shedload of hotels in or around Troyes.

652c7ceeb275d8a24dea6eaebcbb8231.png

Tap on a few to find one (or more) that you like the look of. It’s a decent alternative to just staying where another bod has stayed. Then, if it’s good (or really bad) or plain simple OK, put it into the Accommodation section.

You’ve found the Logis site; try that, too.

If a hotel was recommended by others here, in an area that was visiting then I would go with it, rather than go to some random hotel that wasn’t

Sometimes you get lucky I know that, but recommended places are usually a good reason to go

Never been to the Grand Alpes area, but when I do I will be using Arsey’s favourite hotel

I don’t stay away often with work nowadays-but did this week and it was only a 5/10 (despite good reviews online)
Place was full of business guests
It was expensive to eat and drink (not paying luckily as one of the banks we use, was paying for the evening entertainment)
Breakfast was just about edible and uninspiring
Room was tired and sad

Compared to the Leenane hotel in Connemara (used for many GS’ers at the Irish event) for a similar room rate per night, the difference was like night and day

I get fed up with wasting good money on crap hotels and ending up at somewhere like I was this week, but on a bike trip would be disappointing at best

That's why I like this place. Used a few places I have been told are ok.

Ibis Troyes Centre is pretty good and only about £60 a night. There are three hotels right next to each other - The Ibis Troyes Centre, the Ibis Style and the Mercure Troyes Centre.

They all share a massive underground parking garage, so take your pick.

I'm sure others know far better than I, but I just don't see why anyone would want to stay in a city centre hotel rather than one in a nearby village or small town.
Several chain hotels sharing a massive underground parking garage? Nah....not for me ta.

Back
Top Bottom