Hotel in Troyes

Have you two told them I want to go.;) No reply unless they are closed.

From a bit of inspired guesswork on the Logis site, the hotel is not taking bookings in January but is taking bookings for the other 11 months of 2023. I am left with the only conclusion that they have gone on THEIR holidays. It’s not unreasonable, as they’ll need to recharge their batteries prior for your arrival.

Troyes is on my list of places to stay for a few days, either by myself or with my rag tag bunch of geriatrics. We like small or rural places but we also like to stay in historic cities like Reims, Beaune, Blois, Trier, Goslar, Kempten, to name a few we have visited. I have some health conditions and the others are a decade older than me. A day off the bike mid trip is of great value. Sitting in a café watching the world wander by, ambling around a castle or wobbling around cobbled streets can be just the ticket.

It’s nice but a few days might be pushing it. On the Hotel de Compte de Champagne we’ve used it a few times but it went on the banned list after Magnet got bed bugged on our last visit. I quite liked it and the secure bike parking across the street worked well for us. It used to be run by two French families who shared the job on a week about basis. Looks like it may have changed hands.

Back
Top Bottom