MPH to KMPH

I used to remember all the service intervals, exact distance traveled on any summer trip, how much each set of tyres lasted, distances, etc. when operating in Km.
I have now a vague idea of how much my bikes travel, tyres last, etc. after switching to miles. Funny how it works.
I guess base 10 is easier to memorise and I maybe try to keep converting in my head.

It is very easy:

30 kph = 20 mph (near enough)

50 kph = 30 mph

80 kph = 50 mph

100 kph = 60 mph

120 kph = 70 mph

It is not difficult to remember. People did it for years without a calculator or magic speed displays. If you are really stuck, halve the kph limit displayed on the roadside sign. You’ll be under the speed limit, as the basic table above shows.

PS Modern Garmin GPS devices have the bike’s current speed displayed by default. The display changes red, when the known speed limit is exceeded. It works just the same abroad, without you doing anything.
Well almost, apart from 120KMH you are way below at 70MPH closer to 110, but in actual fact not either....

To close the thread.

Yes it can be done with a MotoScan, straight forward but MotoScan gives you a 'it's at your risk' before you action the change.

Nothing happens and you can revert.

That disclaimer is there for legal reasons.

An update on this and a new frustration, I did manage to change the mileage to KM's in doing so my additional information for the Pro OE setup has disappeared i.e. automatic trip, current consumption and current speed. I reset to miles this morning and the additional information is still not displayed. Looks like I will need to contact MotoScan, I'm really frustrated and disappointed at this.

An update on this and a new frustration, I did manage to change the mileage to KM's in doing so my additional information for the Pro OE setup has disappeared i.e. automatic trip, current consumption and current speed. I reset to miles this morning and the additional information is still not displayed. Looks like I will need to contact MotoScan, I'm really frustrated and disappointed at this.

I am quite sure that the option exists in Motoscan to switch these on or off in the coding section of the Instrument display. I cant see the coding screens as I need to connect to the bike which I will do later and then screenshot the options for you.

As said above. This is for the K72 which is probably similar to your model.

87ed508289007c0fa74caade71e0ff2c.jpg

Then …
e5da9911a16121702c1db9f288446d75.jpg

Then …

fbe655c7cf8014206359a7c98194b91a.jpg

Then Perform Coding …

110e07ad8ed3ac6b571b984d25906862.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@oldcroc I have been using K50 and it does not have these options, I'll try K72 and see what happens, thanks.

Double checked this morning and as expected unable to use K72, rechecked K50 and even K51 and the options are not available.

Back
Top Bottom