Chain Oiler

Depending what bike I have one that I was going to fit on the 650.... but I've managed without all this time.

IMO the best chain oiler on the market is the Cobbra Nemo 2 (or the cheaper versions of it on Ebay etc) https://www.cobrra.co.uk/

Will work on any bike - you choose when you want to oil the chain as you go along and does not need to be connected to a vacuum outlet or into the bikes wiring.

Fitted to both my 1290 KTM and Husky 701 :thumb2

I use a copy of the Cobra Nemo 2 on my KTM1290SAS. Works very well and very simple to install. Simple quarter turn at every 200 miles & the reservoir holds sufficient oil for around 3,500 miles. Still only 1/2 way through a bottle of Scott oil after 14,500 miles.

Just seen Paul’s post. Totally agree, it’s excellent and much cheaper than the alternatives.

I fitted a Cobrra Nemo on my Rally Raid CB500X for the London - Beijing trip. It worked perfectly and controlling the flow couldn’t be easier. I just used gear oil in it.

I fitted a Cobrra Nemo on my Rally Raid CB500X for the London - Beijing trip. It worked perfectly and controlling the flow couldn’t be easier. I just used gear oil in it.

I use this on my F900xr.

Easy to fit and use, no wiring or vacuum needed.

I run x2 Tutoro (had scot oiler in past) One on duke 390 one on 790 Adventure R - brilliant bits of kit, british made and great support also from Tutoro.

I run x2 Tutoro (had scot oiler in past) One on duke 390 one on 790 Adventure R - brilliant bits of kit, british made and great support also from Tutoro.

I went over to the factory unit on Lydney Harbour to buy mine direct. Nice chap and that was in 2015 so it's good the business is still going. Testament that it works!

I'm liking the Cobrra Nemo I fitted on my KTM 1190. So much better than the over complicated, fussy and unreliable Scottoiler fitted previously.

If buying again, I'd probably try the Cobrra clones from AliExpress at a quarter the cost though.

Looks and sounds interesting.
I see it comes with the recommended oil.
Do you get much oil fling onto the wheels?

Looks and sounds interesting.
I see it comes with the recommended oil.
Do you get much oil fling onto the wheels?

because it is normal oil any that does fling onto bike surfaces will wash off with normal soapy water. Unlike that stuff out of a can that is very sticky and forms a crust that is a PITA to remove.

Beauty about the Cobrra is it works via pressure applied when the cap is turned the 1/4 turn so can be mounted virtually anywhere on the bike, mine is down near my right foot peg. If the Tutoro is gravity fed then mounting options are more limited, something to think about.

Having owned hexheads for the last 17 years I'm clearly completely out of touch with chain care. Once the bike arrives I'll start looking for somewhere to fit an oiler then get the dimensions from the makers' websites.

...and as the rider pressurises it and it not being fed by gravity, you can use any viscosity oil you have lying around.

Back
Top Bottom