wicked quotes bad reviews

Paul GS

Reaction score
hi everyone, i have just joined the group... although I have used the group for 15 years or so. great forum.

I have just been getting some quotes for insurance and the cheepest quote by far was Wicked Quotes.

I have checked reviews and found some very bad ones. There are not many reviews, and I am wondering if they are predominantly 'bad' because these all 'bad customers' ... I dont know.

Do any members that are insured with them have a good story to tell ?... any feedback about Wicked Quotes would be very much appreciated.

thanks,
Paul.

They're only a broker - check the underwriter they use. They are the ones who write the cheque when its needed.

Most of their quotes are low as they make multiple assumptions which all bring the price down. When you correct the data they're no longer the cheapest.

thanks DJ123... the bad reviews I have seen were less to do with claims and the underwriter, more to do with bad customer care and policies being cancelled and charges made... Maybe the cancellation of policies is down to the underwriter though.

Some other companies ratings are based on thousands of reviews, but Wicked Quotes seem to be based on 14 or 18 reviews on some review sites. I am sure they must have many thousands of customers... it all seems a bit odd to me.

thanks for taking the time, cheers.

I used Wicked Quotes for several years without issue (but I never made a claim).

thanks Greg Masters... were your policies in recent years ?.

the policy will be cheaper for a reason - check the T&C carefully and the reputation of the underwriter. Make sure the policy gives full cover for foreign holidays if you plan to travel. Check the garaging conditions. Check the policy excess for own damage and theft. Check if it has pillion cover if this is needed. Check the list of assumptions e.g. many assume you have no medical conditions to declare which is something I have to check now, even though I am in the "DVLA aware, no restrictions" category.

Check the broker's amendment fees and what they expect you to do in terms of validation. Some of the complaints on Trustpilot seem to be about policies being cancelled as the customers have not provided some document. Brokers should be able to do this themselves if they have the staff and relevant authorisation to check databases for driver's licences and NCB earned. Staff and database licences cost money. Other complaints are about cancellation fees and being "fleeced" by the credit company used for instalments. This is the other tactic used by brokers offering cheap quotes, get the income back through amendment and cancellation fees.

Hi Wessie... lots to check there. Most of your points are applicable, I got the quote through MCN and the bike insurer.

I think too that many of the complaints are made by people who are actually in the wrong. The quote from Wicked Quotes is half the price of the bemoto quote for instance. I am just torn between spending twice the amount of cash going for bemoto or wasting cash going for the wicked quotes cheap option that might turn out to be a nightmare.

i never used to worry about these sort of things , but I had a terrible experience with One call insurance last summer... they could not reinsure me when I needed to change my address. It was a nightmare.

thanks for your advice Wessie.

the policy will be cheaper for a reason - check the T&C carefully and the reputation of the underwriter. Make sure the policy gives full cover for foreign holidays if you plan to travel. Check the garaging conditions. Check the policy excess for own damage and theft. Check if it has pillion cover if this is needed. Check the list of assumptions e.g. many assume you have no medical conditions to declare which is something I have to check now, even though I am in the "DVLA aware, no restrictions" category.

Check the broker's amendment fees and what they expect you to do in terms of validation. Some of the complaints on Trustpilot seem to be about policies being cancelled as the customers have not provided some document. Brokers should be able to do this themselves if they have the staff and relevant authorisation to check databases for driver's licences and NCB earned. Staff and database licences cost money. Other complaints are about cancellation fees and being "fleeced" by the credit company used for instalments. This is the other tactic used by brokers offering cheap quotes, get the income back through amendment and cancellation fees.

It's also the case the initial quotes are discounted for new customers in order to get the business, not necessarily because any cover has been removed or restricted

Phone around, Bemoto are on here and I've currently gone with them, previously with BMW insurance. I could have had even cheaper insurance with Bemoto, but I wanted my bike insured if briefly on the street/driveway and not locked in the garage. just a small premium, but listened to the T&Cs and decided I didn't wnat to go with the cheapest Insurer. and got a good name one.

It's also the case the initial quotes are discounted for new customers in order to get the business, not necessarily because any cover has been removed or restricted

well, yes, but if one company is an outlier and a lot cheaper (as stated in the OP) then there is usually a material difference in the cover being offered compared to the other bottom feeders like Bennetts & MCE who tend to be within a few quid of each other.

I'm currently with Wicked quotes. And have used them numerous times. As a broker I find them very good to use.

I've never made a claim. But the broker has little to do with that side of insurance. You can always ask them who your underwriter is when you get your quote and then review them.

You'll find there are very few underwriters. And they all work together in a collective Mafia anyway. Hence why insurance is so high and payouts so hard to get.

thanks everyone for your input,, I did reply earlier but I can't see it now. I must have done something wrong.

I will post to say how I got on... have'nt made my mind up 100% yet.

Thanks again.

hi, I did take the plunge and insured with Wicked Quotes Insurance. Everything went smoothly and I found the staff very efficient and polite.
I am happy with the decision and we will see how it goes... thanks again to everyone who helped me work this one out.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

hi everyone, i have just joined the group... although I have used the group for 15 years or so. great forum.

I have just been getting some quotes for insurance and the cheepest quote by far was Wicked Quotes.

I have checked reviews and found some very bad ones. There are not many reviews, and I am wondering if they are predominantly 'bad' because these all 'bad customers' ... I dont know.

Do any members that are insured with them have a good story to tell ?... any feedback about Wicked Quotes would be very much appreciated.

thanks,
Paul.

Paul, please don’t give these scamming crooks your money. They really are the worst. I tried to insure my ZZR1200 with them but couldn’t get a copy of my NCB as my previous insurer (MCE) have gone bust. They decided they wouldn’t insure me and wanted £47.00 to cancel a policy I have had for barely two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom