waterproof off roading boots

Marlou

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As above really, I do a fair bit of green laning and wear Alpinestar tech3 but every time I run through a large puddle or a stream my feet are wet/soaked. This is not to bad in summer but in winter its a pain. I like/need the support of the tech range boots so wanted them to work but hey ho.

Any recommendations on a good waterproof (or as good as it gets) would be much appreciated.

Seems to be a new Super Dooper Upper Buster Rev'it boot can't think of the name now (Touratech do they're own branded version of it)

Go on the Rev'it site and have a gander.

Prepare to grease up your wallet though

S20 5G sent this......

I have a pair of Sidi (3 latches), waterproof, they work pretty well and I’ve been through a fair bit of water… let me find which model…

just buy waterproof socks . as once over the height of the boot , it becomes a bucket .

just buy waterproof socks . as once over the height of the boot , it becomes a bucket .

That’s what I do!

Knee length waterproof socks under Sidi Crossfires and my feet never get wet

Unless, of course, I happen to fall off the bike in a ford, or it’s so deep it goes over your socks (DAMHIK) :D

You can get Alpinestars Tech 7s with a waterproof Drystar membrane. I think they’re the only ones.

Otherwise you’re into Gore-Tex touring boots like Sidi Adventures or Alpinestars Toucans or waterproof socks and enduro boots.

My boots are an older model, but they look similar to the Atojo SRS.
They do have a rubber membrane when you close them.

As Toddy said, any waterproof boot becomes a bucket once you go over the height of it, but have to be honest, these have been pretty good for me.
I managed to get water inside them falling in the water with the bike only 3 or 4 times. Maybe 5 :D

You can get Alpinestars Tech 7s with a waterproof Drystar membrane. I think they’re the only ones.

Otherwise you’re into Gore-Tex touring boots like Sidi Adventures or Alpinestars Toucans or waterproof socks and enduro boots.

MOTION X OFF ROAD BOOTS are waterproof as well, never tried them but they have a waterproof membrane

Look no further than forma boots.

Not in the same category, they look good but are relatively soft/comfy and will not protect as well as the Sidi Adventures, Alpinestar Techs, Rev-it Discovery or Rev-it Expedition (articulated ankles, and greater protection). A similar comparison is I have some TCX Drifters which I love, but wouldnt wear them when off roading even though they are fairly sturdy.

Not in the same category, they look good but are relatively soft/comfy and will not protect as well as the Sidi Adventures, Alpinestar Techs, Rev-it Discovery or Rev-it Expedition (articulated ankles, and greater protection). A similar comparison is I have some TCX Drifters which I love, but wouldnt wear them when off roading even though they are fairly sturdy.

After spending approximately 35 years trail riding they’re the best boots I’ve worn, I started with trials wellies, bought alpine stars and other similar boots and for me the forma boots are good,

For a boots are exceptional and haven’t let me down, so much so I have a tall and short pair.

wearing trousers over boots is not 100% effective, but keeps most water out unless you really dunk it.

Like many have said. Waterproof boots keep water in as well as out. You don't want a bucket.

Waterproof socks are the only solution if you're getting proper wet.

Thanks for all the replies, I do wear trousers over boots and I also use Toucans on the mighty GS but its also the rigidity of the tech's range that I like due to an old ankle injury.

I have looked at waterproof socks but:
A which are best, sealskins??
B do you feet get cold although they are dry
C what do you do about wet boots and riding again the next day and the next etc?

I assume you suck it up and get on with it, I like to ride all year round off road so warmth is also a factor (or as warm as poss)

Back
Top Bottom