Suspension upgrades

Need good damping to take care of a heavier spring.

I was quite surprised how poor the rear shock was on the 1250 I rode last year. There is a difference between good aftermarket units and even a new oem one I reckon.

Need good damping to take care of a heavier spring.

I was quite surprised how poor the rear shock was on the 1250 I rode last year. There is a difference between good aftermarket units and even a new oem one I reckon.

The stronger spring helps the standard damping by not pumping down over stutter bumps and surfaces of that nature; i've never had any problem with standard 3 position damping on mine; one up or two up and it's getting on for 30yrs old.

For those that have bought ohlins, where did you get them from?

I've looked at ebay and lots are based in Italy

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Got mine from FTR Suspension maybe 10years ago. They are still in business so that says something.

The stronger spring helps the standard damping by not pumping down over stutter bumps and surfaces of that nature; i've never had any problem with standard 3 position damping on mine; one up or two up and it's getting on for 30yrs old.

If it's pumping down over stutter bumps doesn't that mean you've got too much rebound damping for the given spring rate? Maybe that's the advantage of 15 clicks of adjustment rather than 3? That said, you can have too many things to fiddle with on a fancy shock sometimes (spring rate, ride height/sag, rebound and high/low speed compression damping on my Wilbers) but as long as you don't go mad with twiddling the screws the ride and control is incredible. I get the rear rebuilt from time to time to keep it fresh.

Back
Top Bottom