A change is here….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wapping

Reaction score
I asked Paul if he would be as kind as to rename this section: Germany

Now done, in future it will embrace the entire country, including the Black Forest, which currently sits in the Alps / Dolomites section.

The Black Forest is no more ‘Alpine’ that Romford or Salford. That the Black Forest sat in the Alps section is only a product of the forum’s history, from a time (it was only quite recently) when there was no Germany section at all, beyond the Black Forest. I guess because nobody ever went anywhere else in the big country.

The German section can, naturally enough, embrace Munich / Bavaria, not least as Germany doesn’t really possess too much ‘Alps’ of its own to speak of. The little bit they do own is limited to Garmisch-Partenkirchen (in the Oberbayern, Upper Bavaria region) which nobody would really rush to if it weren’t for BMW’s week thing and the solitary, Zugspitze, nice as the cable car is.

Now done, I will start to move any Black Forest threads that can easily be moved into ‘Germany’.

Richard

Yup, but for now I am just happy that the Black Forest has lost its false Alpine connection. There again, I think everyone can use a little imagination, as to where things might well fit best.

Since I created the German section, it has done pretty well I think, hopefully opening bods’ eyes that there is more to the huge country than might be at first thought.

I have (based on nothing more than thread titles) moved a whole lot of Black Forest / ‘ring stuff out of Alps, back to roughly 2009, which will probably do for now. Some camping / accommodation threads came across at the same time, which I’ll tidy up at some point.

The Alps section needs some tidying, too. But that can wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom