Motorcycle parking near SEC, Glasgow

Eddie Deguello

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I might need to park my bike near the SEC for about 24 hours this coming weekend. The SEC car park is the obvious choice, but it looks like motorcycles have to pay the same as cars.

Anybody got other suggestions?

I might need to park my bike near the SEC for about 24 hours this coming weekend. The SEC car park is the obvious choice, but it looks like motorcycles have to pay the same as cars.

Anybody got other suggestions?

You can park in my drive if you wish, were perhaps 3 miles from SEC, depending on times I might also give you a lift to SEC, or you can taxi it.

You can park in my drive if you wish, were perhaps 3 miles from SEC, depending on times I might also give you a lift to SEC, or you can taxi it.
That's a very kind offer, but I suspect too much hassle.

I'm just going up to help my wife set up for an exhibition, then leaving her there. As she's taking the car anyway, I might just travel with her, then get the train back by myself on Sunday.

After all that: it's not mentioned on their website, but the hotel does a discounted rate of £8 for 24 hours, which is much more palatable. Might wait and see how the weather's looking before I make my decision though.

When I parked there attending a concert I chained my bike to the pushbike rail thingys out front of the Campanile Hotel. Not sure if they are still there, but you can see them on google streetview.

When I parked there attending a concert I chained my bike to the pushbike rail thingys out front of the Campanile Hotel. Not sure if they are still there, but you can see them on google streetview.

Yeah, I was thinking of that option. But having recently lost a motorcycle to a group of scrotes equipped with a battery-powered angle grinder, I wasn't too keen on leaving it overnight. I've got an angle-grinder resistant lock now, but I've seen the mess that's made even when they're not successful in cutting the lock.

Back
Top Bottom